AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The Platinum Card® from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Avis is offering a one-day rental for $30 and a paid upgrade to President's Club (their invite-only elite status) for $750 with this year's Daily Getaways Promotion. The promotion starts on May 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. ET. As with all Daily Getaways promotions, the limited packages will likely sell out quickly. We're publishing this one a few hours early, so set an alarm if you want to jump on the one-day rental certificate.
$30 One-Day Car Rental
- Purchase a one-day car rental for $30.
- There are 500 packages available for this deal.
- You must use your day’s rental by June 15, 2020.
- You can redeem your days’ rental for all classes of car up to premium (G). Specialty classes such as H, F, W, Z, L, V, P, K, X, and S are excluded.
- Rental certificates are valid in the US (excluding the NY Metropolitan area) Puerto Rico, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands.
- You can purchase up to seven one-day rental certificates.
- A maximum of seven certificates can be applied to a single rental.
- 24-hour advance reservation is required.
If you can see yourself renting a car from Avis in the next year, then the one-day rental certificate is a sweet deal. Since you can buy seven certificates and use them all on the same rental, the offer will get you a car for a full week for $210. Groups A–G include cars only, so if you typically rent an SUV, this deal won't be helpful. Mid-tier Avis Preferred Plus members do get a single-class upgrade when available, so it's possible you could reserve a class G car and end up with an intermediate SUV, but the benefit isn't guaranteed.
Presidents Club Membership Offer
- Purchase Presidents Club Membership for $750
- There are only 20 packages available for purchase.
- Membership is valid through June 15, 2020.
- You will receive Presidents Club Membership benefits at participating locations in the US and Canada.
- Membership is only open to US residents who are over 25 years of age.
President’s Club Membership is an invitation-only elite status, and Avis doesn’t publish the requirements. To us, $750 doesn’t seem like a great deal for most people. If you’re hiring enough cards to justify the $750 fee, you probably earn status the traditional way. Avis Preferred Plus status, which comes with a complimentary upgrade when available, can be achieved with 12 rentals or $5,000 spent in a calendar year.
With only 500 one-day-rental certificates up for grabs and the option to purchase as many as seven in a single transaction, we wouldn't be surprised to see the first offer sell out within minutes. If it's not too late already, stop reading and go buy them.
The President's Club offer, although exclusive, probably isn't worth it for most. If you’re looking for a shortcut to additional Avis benefits, we think The Platinum Card® from American Express is probably a much better investment. Amex Platinum cardholders get 15% off published Avis rates and a complimentary upgrade when available. You’ll also get car-rental perks with Hertz, and National Car Rental, not to mention a bundle of other travel benefits that can easily cover the $550 annual fee. (Terms Apply)
Before you book your rental, make sure to check out our resource on rewards cards with primary rental-car insurance.
Source: Daily Getaways
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.