AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended.
British Airways is running a promotion that will let you earn double base Avios on flights through December 31, 2017. This is the first double Avios promotion for flying this year, with previous BA double Avios promotions, being for shopping through their online portal. FYI, this promotion is not valid for Executive Club members based in the US, Mexico, Canada, or South Africa.
- You must register for the promotion
- Promo is for travel through December 31, 2017 – All flight segments must be completed by this date
- Promo is not valid for BA Executive Club members registered in the USA, Canada, Mexico and South Africa.
- Bonus is valid for up to 8 flight segments
Which Flights Qualify for the Promo
The following flights qualify for earning double Avios
- Any BA operated flights
- Any transatlantic flights with a BA flight number operated by Iberia, Finnair, or AA
- Flights from Paris to New York under Open skies (BA operated)
- Flights Operated by SUNAIR of Scandinavia on behalf of BA
The following flights Do NOT qualify for the double Avios offer
- Oneworld partner operated flights, even when there is a BA flight number
- BA franchise partner operated flights
- BA codeshare flights
Maximizing The Offer
If you are a frequent flyer and will be taking 8 or more eligible flights you need to take some steps to maximize your earnings from the offer as you will only earn on the first eight flight segments. The way to maximize your earnings is to focus your next eligible flights with BA on long-haul routes only; if you have short-haul flights in between the long-haul ones consider switching them to another airline, or crediting them to another program. Your next eight eligible flights should be the longest you can make them.
If you collect Avios and don’t live in the any of the excluded territories, this promotion is a great way to boost your Avios earning for the next few months. If you are in the US and want to boost your Avios, you can always apply for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card which comes with a decent set of perks and benefits.
Source: Head for Points
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.