AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: The registration for this promotion has ended, but you can travel by December 31, 2020 if you registered for this promotion before the deadline.
With the world slowly (ever so slowly) starting to travel again, British Airways announced a new promo to convince members to fly in 2020. Through the end of the year, Executive Club members can earn double Avios on up to ten flights.
British Airways Promo Offer Terms
- Register and book travel by August 31, 2020
- Travel by December 31, 2020
- Qualifying flights include flights operated by British Airways and its subsidiaries — as well as Iberia, Finnair, and AA flights marketed by British Airways on trans-Atlantic itineraries
- For this promotion, a “flight” is defined as any segment that's part of a one-way, round-trip, or multi-city itinerary
- If your Executive Club membership is registered in the U.K. or the U.S., flights booked as part of a British Airways Holiday Package will also qualify
- British Airways will automatically deposit your double Avios within 24–48 hours after each qualifying flight
It's important to note that “double Avios” refers to the base Avios earned for flying. Elite tier and cabin bonuses will remain the same.
British Airways has held a promotion like this almost every year, which is great to see. The sticking point this year is the fact that international travel continues to be difficult. It's hard to commit to any kind of travel with so many closed borders and quarantine policies in effect. Considering the deadline to book is only a couple weeks away, our options remain pretty limited.
For most people, this won't be enough to book leisure travel. However, if you regularly travel with British Airways for business, it's worth your time to register.
If you plan to take a lot of flights, make sure to plan your flights carefully. British Airways determines the flights that earn double Avios by the order you fly them, not the order that you book. So, you'll want to make sure that the first ten flights you credit are your highest earners. If need be, consider crediting your lowest earning segments to another loyalty program — like American's AAdvantage program.
Overall, this is a great promotion at a not-so-great time. Earning double Avios on up to ten flights would normally be a terrific deal. Unfortunately, with most of us still stuck at home, it doesn't make much of a difference. After all, the double of zero is still zero.
Are you planning to take advantage of this promotion?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.