AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
IHG's new 4X More promotion is now live, giving you the opportunity to earn up to 4X points per night for your stays. The promotion is valid for stays through May 15, 2020. However, you need to register by April 15, 2020, and you will not start earning bonus points until you register. While the promotion advertises earning 4X points, you will need to stay 15 nights before the 4X earning kicks in.
- You need to register for the promotion by April 15, 2020.
- The offer is valid for stays up to May 15, 2020.
- Earn up to 4X points per night on your qualifying nights.
- To qualify, the total spending per night (before taxes) must exceed $30.
- The maximum number of points that can be earned from the promotion is 301,000.
- Allow 2 to 3 weeks after the promotion for the bonus points to post to your account.
While the promotion offers up to 4X points per stay, the earning schedule is tiered, and you will have to stay 15 nights for the 4X earning to kick in. The points earning schedule with the promotion is as follows:
- Earn 1,000 bonus points for your first night.
- During nights 2-5, earn 2X points up to a maximum of 100,000 points.
- During nights 6-14, earn 3X points up to a maximum of 100,000 points.
- From the 15 night onwards, earn 4X points per night up to a maximum of 100,000 points.
The bonus is only applied to the base earnings for the stay. The bonus points that elite members—such as cardholders of the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card—earn due to their elite status will not be multiplied through this promotion.
If you are a frequent IHG guest and have a lot of stays planned over the next couple of months, then this promotion could prove quite lucrative. On the other hand, if you only have a handful of stays planned, then it may be worth your while to shop around and see what other offers and promotions other hotel brands are offering. Either way, it's a no brainer to register for this promotion to get bonus points from any IHG stays you complete during the stay period.
Overall, the promotion is attractive. However, the 15-night threshold to trigger the 4X earning bonus is a little on the high side considering the promotion time frame.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.