AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The information related to Chase Freedom has been collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
United and BP have partnered up, and you can now earn United miles every time you buy gas from BP. To sweeten the deal, you will also receive 200 bonus miles for signing up and making your first purchase.
- You need to register and select earning United Miles
- Earn a 200-mile bonus after your first purchase with a linked debit or credit card
- Earning is capped at 20 gallons per transaction
You will earn miles at the following rates:
- 1 mile per gallon purchased
- 2 miles per gallon when paying with your linked debit or credit card
- 3 miles per gallon of Premium fuel when paying with your linked debit or credit card
We're not sure if earning miles this way will help keep United miles from expiring, but our gut says yes.
Use Miles At The Pump
You also have the option of using your miles at the pump. For 60 miles you can receive a 50¢ discount per gallon of fuel purchased. Which, while being a nice gesture, is a poor use of United miles.
While this new partnership is hardly likely to be a life changer, it is still a welcome bonus since it brings another item of everyday spending into the miles earning umbrella. Plus, once you set it up, you don't need to do anything every time you fill.
Source: The Points Guy
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.