AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Both Marriott and Hilton have released some excellent offers for new members in 2020. Hilton is offering up to 5,000 bonus points for new members completing two paid stays within 6 months of enrollment in 2020. Marriott is providing a more generous deal, awarding new members with a free night certificate ( worth 25,000 points) after completing 2 paid stays by July 29, 2020.
Hilton Promotion Key Terms
- This offer is only open to new members of the Hilton Honors program.
- The promotion is valid through December 31, 2020.
- Enroll in Hilton Honors and complete 2 stays to earn 5,000 bonus points
- Receive 2,000 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- Receive a further 3,000 bonus points after completing your second stay.
- To be eligible for the offer the stays must be completed within 6 months of your enrollment date.
- A “stay” is defined as a consecutive number of nights at the same property regardless of check in- checkout activity.
One thing to note with the Hilton promotion is that you need to complete your stays within 6 months enrollment even though the promotion is valid through the end of 2020. Make sure to plan your stays and enrollment in advance to ensure you hit the offer's six-month window.
Marriott Promotion Key Terms
- This offer is only open to new members of the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- The promotion is valid through July 29, 2020.
- Complete two paid stays during the offer period to receive a free night certificate.
- The certificate can be redeemed at properties costing up to 25,000 points per night (category 1 to 4).
- Your award will be deposited automatically in your Marriott account
- A “stay” is defined as a consecutive number of nights at the same property regardless of check-in, check-out activity.
If you are not a member of either program and have some potential stays planned that would trigger the promotions, then enrolling these offers is a must. The Marriott offer is the obvious priority since it is more rewarding (up to 25,000 points vs. 5,000 points) and expires first. It's a nice win if you can time opening a new loyalty account with a promo that rewards upcoming activity, but you won't earn anything if you don't complete the requirements by the deadline.
New member promotions are fairly common, so if you don't have a stay planned, there is no need to join either program speculatively. You are far better off waiting for the next offer to come around.
Don't forget to add your new Marriott and Hilton accounts to AwardWallet. We now track free-night certificates in addition to points, so you'll be able to see when your rewards are added to your account.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.