AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Update 5/26/2021: Hilton further extended Free Night Certificates through January 3, 2022:
Free Weekend Night Rewards currently set to expire on August 31, 2021, will now be extended through January 3, 2022, and can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
Hilton is extending all active free weekend night certificates as a result of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic. Hilton Honors members who have an unexpired free weekend night certificate should have received the following communication via email:
- No activation or opt-in is required.
- Expiration dates for any free weekend night certificates valid as of March 11, 2020 have been extended until August 31, 2021.
- Expiration dates for any additional free weekend night certificates earned between now and August 30, 2020 will be extended until August 31, 2021.
How to Earn a Free Night Certificate
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card grants a free weekend night certificate when approved for the card and each year after account anniversary. You will also receive a second free weekend night certificate after spending $60,000 on the card in a calendar year. The Hilton Aspire comes with a $450 annual fee.
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card also lets cardholders earn their way to a free weekend night. You will earn a Weekend Night Reward after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year (Terms Apply).
Small business owners can also earn a free weekend night through The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. You'll earn a Weekend Night Reward after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Plus, you'll earn another Weekend Night Reward after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases in the same calendar year (Terms Apply).
This is fantastic news for anyone with a free night certificate or who will earn one in the coming months. For cardholders of the Hilton Aspire, you could potentially stack an extended free weekend night certificate with one earned during your next cardmember year. That means you can piece together a free two-night weekend stay at any Hilton property worldwide.
In theory, you could even triple up, as Hilton defines the “weekend” to include Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Triple up options for Hilton Aspire cardholders include any of the following:
- Spend $60,000 on a Hilton Aspire in a calendar year.
- Sign up for and spend $15,000 in a calendar year on either the Hilton Surpass or the Hilton Business Card.
- Join forces—and in this case, certificates—with another certificate-earning cardholder.
- Be in the lucky situation that you have a cardmember anniversary between now and August 30, 2020 and haven't already used your free weekend night for the current cardmember year. The certificate that you already have is extended through August 31, 2021. And the one that you will earn in the next few month will also have an August 31, 2021 expiration date. If you plan a trip between your 2021 cardmember anniversary and August 31, 2021, you'll have three active certificates to use.
At a time of trip cancellations left and right, Hilton is building goodwill with its members with this move. Are you curious to find out which other hotel loyalty programs will extend similar offers?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.