AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Hilton is lining up one promotion after another! Just as Hilton's current “More Nights. More Points.” promotion wraps up on September 5, Hilton is launching a new promotion — which it's dubbing “Double Your Stay” — on September 6. As you might expect from a name like that, this new Hilton promotion offers double points.
Let's look at all of the Hilton promotions going on right now and coming up this fall.
“Double Your Stay” Hilton Promotion
Hilton just announced its newest promotion: Double Your Stay. And it's about as straightforward as you can get. Hiltons Honors members will earn double points on all stays. Plus, Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 bonus points when checking out of a stay on a weekday.
- Registration is now open for this Double Your Stay promotion.
- This promotion is valid for stays completed between September 6 to December 31, 2022.
- Only the Base Points are doubled. Elite bonuses, credit card earnings, etc. aren't doubled by this promotion.
- Earn an additional 2,000 Bonus Points for stays with a check-out between Monday through Friday.
- There's no maximum number of points earned through this Hilton promotion.
- Registered members checking in before September 6, 2022 will receive Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 6, 2022.
- A ‘stay' is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. So, you can't split a longer stay at the same hotel into many 1-night stays to maximize the 2,000-point bonus.
- Bonus Points can take between 6-8 weeks to post to your account.
- Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.
Maximizing This Hilton Promotion
Hilton's base earning rate is 10x Hilton points per $1 spent at most properties. During this Double Your Stay promotion, you'll earn double points — meaning 20x points per dollar spent.
Members who hold status with Hilton will earn even more with Double Your Stay:
- Silver elites earn 20% bonus Hilton points per $1 spent.
- Gold elites get 80% bonus Hilton points per $1 spent.
- Diamond elites earn 100% bonus Hilton points per $1 spent.
Unfortunately, this bonus only applies to the base earning rate (10x at most properties). You won't earn up to a 100% bonus on the already-doubled earnings.
To really put this deal over the top, you can pay for your stay with a co-branded Hilton Honors credit card:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Get 7 Hilton points per $1 spent.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn 12 Hilton points per $1 spent.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Get 12 Hilton points per $1 spent.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn 14 Hilton points per $1 spent.
Hilton Aspire cardmembers can enroll to get complimentary Diamond status. That means that someone who holds a Hilton Aspire credit card can earn up to 44 Hilton points per dollar spent during this promotion: 10x base earning + 10x bonus from promotion + 10x elite bonus + 14x from credit card spending.
Add a Free Night to Your Stay in the Americas
- Promotion page lists the participating hotels and how many nights you must book to get a free night.
- Varying stay lengths are required to unlock the free night, ranging from “3rd night free” to “7th night free”.
- Must book at least 3 days in advance.
- Bookings cannot be changed.
- Must complete your stay by December 31, 2022.
- Additional restrictions, blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel.
- Complimentary night cannot be transferred or combined with other offers, and it must be used in the same booking.
- Not eligible on existing bookings or group rates.
Earn Points with Hilton Credit Cards
Another way to earn a ton of points with Hilton can be by opening one of their co-brand credit cards. The welcome offer from one of these cards could help you earn enough points for several free nights, plus you get extra spending at Hilton.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card – Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – Earn 150,000 Bonus Points
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points
Hilton's newest promotion “Double Your Stay” picks up the day after the current “More Nights. More Points.” promotion. But, you'll need to register for each promotion before you'll earn bonus points. Registering only takes 1-2 minutes. So, it's worth doing so even if you don't have a Hilton stay planned.
Another way to boost your earnings from Hilton stays — while scoring perks like free breakfast — is to have Hilton's elite status. You can get Hilton Honors elite status through Hilton-branded American Express credit cards. Or, if you have elite status with another hotel program, Hilton is still offering a status match and challenge with reduced requirements.
The current promotion offerings are just another item to add to the long list of reasons we love the Hilton Honors program. For more ideas on how to burn your Hilton points while simultaneously getting the best value, check out the 15 Best Hilton Points Redemptions for Luxury Hotels.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.