AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card forms part of Hilton's lineup of co-brand rewards cards issued by American Express. Hilton’s no-annual-fee (Rates & Fees) Amex card, the successor to the now-defunct Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express and Citi® Hilton Honors™ Visa Signature® Card, has undergone a minor facelift, including the removal of foreign transaction fees (Rates & Fees), however, retains the same category bonuses and benefits as its Amex predecessor.
The Hilton Amex joins Hilton's overhauled or new cards below, to complete the refreshed lineup.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
If you’re chasing Hilton points without the yearly fee, the Hilton Amex offers one of the best points-to-annual fee ratios of any hotel co-brand cards available.
- Earn 90,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands
- 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
Any co-brand credit card that doesn’t charge an annual fee is good to have on your radar. The Hilton Amex offers the ability to earn a ton of Hilton Honors points plus earn Hilton Honors Gold Elite status after $20K spend, without the added costs of an annual fee.
Hilton Amex Welcome Offer
Earn Earn 90,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
It's an achievable minimum spend for most points and miles fans and supplies the best points-to-spend ratio of any of the four new Hilton Amex cards. With Hilton's dynamic award pricing, one night in a mid-tier Hilton property will set you back roughly 50,000 points. If you primarily stay at Hilton properties aimed at budget-savvy travelers, that same 50,000 points can net you up to 10 nights accommodation!
Points Earning Potential and Category Bonuses
The Hilton Amex earns points fast making it easy to build a sizable balance of points in a short space of time. Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio. Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations. Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card..
Hilton Amex Feature Benefits
Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver Status
The Hilton Amex comes with complimentary Silver status (Terms Apply), opening up access to Hilton’s 5th Night Free benefit on rewards stays. You can also achieve Hilton Honors Gold status, which includes free breakfast (if selected in My Way), Wi-Fi, priority check-in/out, and possible room upgrades when you spend $20,000 in purchases on the card in a calendar year.
You can fast-track to Hilton Gold and Diamond status with the new Hilton Amex partner cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (earns instant Diamond status)
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (earns instant Gold status)
No Foreign Transaction Fees
Unlike the new Hilton Aspire and Hilton Business Card, the Hilton Amex is not considered a new credit card product and, as with all of Amex’s rewards-earning credit cards, you can only receive the welcome bonus once per lifetime.
“Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.”
If you’ve held the old Hilton Amex, you won’t be eligible to receive the welcome bonus on the revamped Hilton Amex. However, for those folks that held the Hilton Honors card from Citi, provided you canceled your card before it was converted to the new product, you'll be eligible to receive a welcome bonus on the new card.
Just like its predecessor, the Hilton Honors American Express Card is a top card for occasional travelers and those that can’t justify paying an annual fee for Hilton’s premium Amex offerings. The card offers a high-value welcome bonus, no foreign transaction fees or annual fee (Rates & Fees), and complimentary Silver status (with the opportunity to punch for Gold with an achievable spend). And you’ll find it simple to redeem points for free nights with Hilton's new revenue-based rewards program.
If you want a card with better perks and points earning potential, check out the new lineup of Hilton Honors cards from Amex. Or, if you want the added flexibility of transferring points 1:1 with other airline or hotel partners, discover some of our favorite cards that earn flexible or ‘transferable’ rewards points.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.