AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Through its partnership with American Express, Hilton offers a wide variety of credit card options. However, it's the $0 annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Card (Rates & Fees) that really has our attention. Right now, you can earn up to 130,000 bonus Hilton Honors points after you meet a two-part spending requirement.
- Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands
- 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
Any co-brand credit card that doesn’t charge an annual fee is good to have on your radar — especially when it's offering such a great welcome bonus. The Hilton Amex offers the ability to earn a ton of Hilton Honors points. Plus, you can earn Hilton Honors Gold Elite status after $20,000 spend. All without the added costs of an annual fee. Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
Hilton Amex Welcome Offer
Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional 50,000 bonus points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases in the first 6 months.
In the Hilton Honors program, reward nights vary between 5,000 points per night up to 95,000 points (with a few exceptions) per night depending on demand. One night in a mid-tier Hilton property will set you back roughly 40,000 points. Or if you stay at Hilton properties aimed at budget-savvy travelers, that same 40,000 points can net you up to 10 nights accommodation if you take advantage of Hilton's fifth-night free benefit.
AwardWallet members have recently redeemed Hilton Honors points for an average value of 0.64 cents per point. That means this welcome bonus of up to 130,000 points can score you tons of value!
Points Earning Potential and Category Bonuses
The Hilton Amex earns points fast making it easy to build a sizable balance of points in a short space of time.
Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio. Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations. Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
Hilton Amex Feature Benefits
Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver Status
The Hilton Amex comes with complimentary Silver status, opening up access to Hilton’s 5th Night Free benefit on rewards stays. You can also achieve Hilton Honors Gold status — which is our favorite mid-tier hotel elite status. Hilton Gold includes free breakfast, Wi-Fi, priority check-in/out, and possible room upgrades.
Hilton Amex cardmembers can get these perks by spending $20,000 in purchases on the card in a calendar year. If that spending seems a bit steep, you may want to consider one of the other Hilton co-branded credit cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (earns instant Diamond status)
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (earns instant Gold status)
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (earns instant Gold status)
No Foreign Transaction Fees
As with all of Amex’s rewards-earning credit cards, you can only receive a welcome bonus on a particular card product once per lifetime:
“Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.”
Hilton and Amex revamped its credit card portfolio a few years ago. When it did, the Hilton Aspire and Hilton Business Card were considered new products. However, the Hilton Amex wasn't considered a new credit card product. So, if you held an old version of the Hilton Amex, you won’t be eligible to receive the welcome bonus on the revamped Hilton Amex.
However, for those folks that held the Citi® Hilton Honors™ Visa Signature® Card, you'll be eligible to receive a welcome bonus on the new card — provided you canceled your card before it was converted to the new product.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card is a top card for occasional travelers and those that can’t justify paying an annual fee for Hilton’s premium Amex offerings. The card offers a high-value welcome bonus, no foreign transaction fees, or annual fee (Rates & Fees).
You'll start off with complimentary Silver status and have the opportunity to shoot for Gold with an achievable spend. And you’ll find it simple to redeem points for free nights with Hilton's revenue-based rewards program.
If you want a card with better perks and points earning potential, check out the full lineup of Hilton Honors cards from Amex. Or, if you want the added flexibility of transferring points 1:1 with other airline or hotel partners, discover some of our favorite cards that earn flexible or ‘transferable’ rewards points.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.