AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
IHG has launched its Q3 2019 Accelerate promotion. Similar to other offerings in the past, the promotion is structured like a game, and you will receive bonus points for completing various tasks. The promotion requires registration and is valid for stays from September 1 through October 31, 2019.
- Promotion period is September 1 through October 31, 2019.
- You must register for the IHG Accelerate fall 2019 Promotion.
- Registration must be completed by October 18, 2019.
- Complete various tasks assigned to you in the promotion to earn bonus points.
IHG runs multiple versions of the promotion, with different people targeted with their own unique offers. Some are more lucrative than others, but generally, they all have some value and are worth completing either partly or fully. The key to a great Accelerate promotion is when each night counts towards meeting multiple offers. Take for instance this offer of up to 40,000 point bonus:
You can complete this offer by completing three two-night stays on weekends (for a total of six nights). Book your stays through the mobile app, and you complete task one; after your second-weekend stay (at a different IHG hotel than the first), you have completed tasks two and three, earning an additional 10,000 point “achievement” bonus. Finally, after you have completed your final weekend stay you have completed all the tasks and earned a total of 40,000 bonus points for six nights, which works out as ~6,667 bonus points per night, which is a great return.
When you evaluate your Accelerate promotion, always check if you can get each night to count towards multiple goals. Finally, always remember to check what offer your partner/spouse has been targeted for, to see if they have received a better offer.
This quarter, we have also seen some shockingly bad offers put out by IHG. While some people have been offered bonus points in the mid-30K mark, others, including myself, have been targeted with a “measly” promotion only offering a 1,000-point bonus.
This promotion does not meet the standard customers expect; it is like IHG is telling some of its customers, “ Thanks, but we are good without you guys this quarter.” It will come as no surprise that I am not targeting any stays at IHG this quarter in light of their poor offering.
It is always worth registering for the quarterly IHG Accelerate promotion since each rewards member is targeted individually. It only takes a few seconds to see if you have been offered something worthwhile. So if you have some upcoming stays, register and see what IHG serves up.
Did you get a good offer? We'd love to know what other versions of this promotion are out there, so please share in the comments.
- Earn 125,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 40 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel for the first 12 months - after that, 25X points.
- Earn 4X points on all other purchases for the first 12 months - after that, 2X points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Earn 40 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 4 points per $1 spent on everything else
Great Earning Rates After the First 12 Months
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Source: Frequent Miler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.