AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This IHG Accelerate promotion has ended, however, please review the most recent promotion.
IHG has just launched a tailored promotion offering rewards points for completing stays and more; the Winter 2017 IHG Accelerate Promotion. Each member will have several offers for varying numbers of points. To get your bonus points, you’ll need to complete these offers between January 1, 2017, and April 15, 2017. (Complete terms of Winter 2017 IHG Accelerate Promotion)
The goal of this promotion is to persuade you to stay at IHG’s brands more often, so your offer is tailored based on your history with IHG. We’ve seen offers with total potential bonus amounts ranging from the minimum of 30,000 points up to 41,000 points (and we would love to hear from you in the comments if your total offer is higher than 41,000!).
Tasks We've Seen
In addition to varying the total available points amounts, IHG varies the tasks available to different members. Here are the different basic categories of offers we’ve seen within the promotion (followed in most cases by a specific example we’ve seen of that type of offer):
- Downloading the IHG app
- Staying a certain number of nights at any IHG property (for example, 5,000 bonus points for staying 5 nights or 1,000 points for staying 1 night).
- Extra bonus points for staying additional nights (for example, 3,000 bonus points after night 6 and 3,000 more after night 9).
- Staying a certain number of nights at a specific IHG brand (for example, 5,600 bonus points for staying at two different Holiday Inn Express locations).
- Completing weekend stays (requiring a two-night stay on Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday).
- Applying for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card.
- Booking an IHG stay using your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card.
- Booking Bonus Points Package stays (for example, 3,600 bonus points for booking one Bonus Points Package stay)
- Staying using IHG’s Your Rate member discount (for example, 2,000 bonus points for completing 2 stays using Your Rate).
- Staying during a specific month (so far, the only variation of this we’ve seen is 1,000 bonus points for completing one stay in January).
- Staying in a specific city (for example, 2,400 bonus points for a stay in New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas)
- Achievement bonuses for completing a certain number of your other offers (for example, points for completing 4 out of 5 of your other offers in the promotion).
To put the points amounts in context, you’ll need 10,000 to 60,000 points to book a room. PointBreaks rooms take only 5,000 points but tend to be fairly limited and not ideal properties.
You’ll need to register for the Winter 2017 IHG Accelerate promotion before your stays will qualify. Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to see your personalized offers.
Here's one of the best offers that we have seen:
So, what is your Offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.