AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update 5/23/2023: IHG One Rewards just announced that Food & Beverage Rewards are available at most full-service IHG locations worldwide — rather than just in the U.S. and limited to a few brands. This post has been updated with the latest developments.
IHG One Rewards members can now earn Food & Beverage Rewards through the Milestone Rewards program. Upon reaching set night thresholds, IHG members can now choose to get up to $100 in food and beverage credits redeemable during stays at IHG hotels.
The move is great news for IHG aficionados and further rewards those who spend a lot of time in IHG properties. Initially, Food & Beverage Rewards were only applicable at certain IHG brands in the U.S. and Canada. Now, this has been expanded to most full-service brands worldwide.
What Are IHG Milestone Rewards?
IHG One Rewards introduced Milestone Rewards to reward loyal fans who actually stay at their properties with perks beyond what's earned through elite status.
Members earn the ability to choose one of several options every ten nights they stay starting from the 20th night each calendar year. Currently, IHG members have a choice between four types of Milestone Rewards:
- Bonus points: Choose to receive bonus points between 5,000 and 10,000, depending on the level.
- Food & Beverage Rewards: Receive either 2 or 5 Food & Beverage Rewards — depending on the milestone level.
- Confirmable Suite Upgrades: Choose between 1 or 2 confirmable suite upgrades — depending on the milestone level.
- Annual lounge membership: Get the choice of a lounge membership when you reach the 40- and 70-night milestones.
IHG Food & Beverage Rewards Milestone Rewards Overview
- Each IHG Food & Beverage Reward provides up to $20 in value.
- Food & Beverage Rewards are valid for 365 days from the date of issue.
- You can use IHG Food & Beverage Rewards at the following brands:
- Atwell Suites — new
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
- EVEN Hotels
- Holiday Inn — new
- Hotel Indigo
- HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts — new
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Regent Hotels & Resorts — new
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas — new
- Vignette Collection — new
- voco Hotels
- Rewards can only be used once — even if the charges are less than the value of the reward.
- You can use multiple rewards during your stay, and each certificate can be used to cover multiple food and beverage purchases.
- Food & Beverage Rewards must be redeemed prior to checkout.
- To use your reward, your IHG member number must be associated with your stay.
- Generally, the reward can be applied to restaurant purchases, in-room dining, minibar food and drink items, and associated tax and gratuity charges. However, this may vary by property.
- Charges normally exclude marketplace items and 3rd party restaurants and delivery services.
- Rewards are non-transferable and cannot be applied to multiple rooms.
- Food & Beverage Rewards are only available at participating IHG hotels.
How To Use a Food & Beverage Reward
- Charge your food and beverages to your room during your stay.
- Before checking out, log into the IHG One Rewards App or website and head over to the Rewards Wallet.
- Confirm your hotel and room number.
- Apply the reward to any qualifying charges.
- Once applied, you will see the reward credit to your hotel bill.
How Valuable Are Food & Beverage Milestone Rewards?
The Food & Beverage Reward is reasonably valuable and can be the best choice when you hit certain milestones. However, other milestones offer more valuable rewards.
For instance, after 20 nights, you can choose one of the following rewards:
- 5,000 bonus points.
- 2 Food & Beverage Rewards.
- 1 confirmable suit upgrade.
On average AwardWallet users have been able to leverage IHG points for 0.69¢ per point. That means the 5,000-point bonus option is worth around $37. Alternatively, you can choose the Food & Beverage Reward to get two certificates worth up to $20 each — for a total value of $40.
However, you could also choose a confirmable suite upgrade that can be used on a stay of up to 5 nights. This Milestone Reward would end up being worth several hundred dollars if your travel plans allow you to maximize its use.
There's no wrong choice. Instead, the most valuable option comes down to how you'll utilize these rewards. If you can maximize the confirmable suite upgrade, that could easily be the most valuable option. If you need a few more points to book a valuable award, the bonus points could be the best fit. Of the three options, getting up to $40 in food and beverage credits is the safest option.
Through IHG's loyalty program revamp and launch of IHG One Rewards in 2022, the hotel group sought to reward members for staying at its properties — even if they have elite status through a co-brand credit card.
The initial launch of Milestone Rewards was welcome news for IHG regulars. However, it was frustrating that the Food & Beverage Rewards could only be used at limited brands in the U.S. and Canada. Now that these Food & Beverage Rewards are worldwide and available at most full-service properties, the program is even more appealing.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.