AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
IHG Rewards is offering a new deal for members to “get 4X bonus points” when staying at its new midscale Avid hotel brand. This promotion starts on August 2 and runs until November 30, 2021. By maximizing this promotion, you can earn up to 60 total IHG Rewards points per dollar spent at Avid Hotels.
Bonus IHG Rewards Points at Avid Hotels Promotion
Starting August 2, 2021, IHG Rewards members will “get 4X bonus points” for all stays at Avid hotels. However, the promotion really offers 3X bonus points in addition to the base earning rate — effectively quadrupling your point earnings.
IHG Rewards members get 10 points per dollar spent at almost all IHG hotel brands (except Staybridge and Candlewood which earn 5 points per dollar). With this promotion, members earn 30 additional bonus points per dollar on all stays completed on or before November 30, 2021.
There's a limit of 30,000 bonus points you can earn with this promotion. This cap does not include the 10 base points earned per dollar and any extra points you earn from holding IHG elite status. That means you can earn bonus points on up to $1,000 of spending at Avid hotels during this promotion.
Currently, there are 34 Avid locations around North America. There are 181 more locations are in the pipeline — including hotels in Germany. However, most of these won't be open before this promotion ends on November 30, 2021.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Qualifying nights for this promotion must be booked at $30 USD or more per night.
- Only one room per stay is eligible for the bonus points.
- Allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be credited after checkout
This is a great deal…if you're traveling to one of the 34 locations with an Avid hotel. Avid hotels are smaller, averaging right around 100 rooms. Avid focuses on their communal spaces, including a gym and sometimes a pool. While Avid includes free breakfast, it's a self-served cold breakfast instead of a hot breakfast.
To really maximize your points earnings, don't forget to use your IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. You'll earn 10X points per dollar at IHG hotels, plus you'll get Platinum Elite status. If you stay at Avid and pay with your IHG Rewards Premier Card, you'll earn at least 55X points per dollar on your stay (10X base earning + 30X bonus earning through this promotion + 5X Platinum Elite bonus + 10X from credit card spending). If you're a Spire Elite, you can earn 60 points per dollar by maximizing this promotion and card earnings.
If you don't already have the IHG Rewards Premier Card, you can get 150,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening..
- Earn 150,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn up to 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The earning for spending at IHG hotels breaks down as follows:
- Earn 10X points for being a IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember
- Earn 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of having this card
- Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member (Being a cardholder is not required to earn this bonus for participating in the IHG® loyalty program)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.