AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
IHG members will want to check your inbox or log into your IHG Rewards Club account. The IHG Rewards Club is currently offering three targeted promotions. These promotions give members the opportunity to earn bonus points or a free night after qualifying nights/stays. All three targeted promotions run through the end of the year.
Even better, these 3 IHG Rewards Club offers are running at the same time as the existing double points promotion. Here's what you need to know about each targeted promotion and how to register before your next stay.
Earn 5,000 Bonus Points After Completing 1 Qualifying Stay
The first of the three targeted promotions allows select IHG Rewards Members to earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after completing just one qualifying stay. IHG Rewards Club members eligible for this offer must first register for the promotion to earn additional bonus points.
To see if you're targeted for this promotion:
- Log into your IHG Rewards account
- Browse to this promotion registration page
- Enter your email address
- Click “Register Now”
If aren't targeted, you'll receive an error message. If you are targeted, you'll receive a confirmation:
Earn 10,000 Bonus Points After Completing 3 Qualifying Nights
The second targeted offer allows eligible IHG Rewards Club members to earn 10,000 bonus points after completing three qualifying nights by 12/31/2020. Again, targeted members must register before booking their stay. The three nights can be spaced out over multiple stays or three consecutive nights.
Here's the promotion registration page to try to register for this targeted promotion.
Earn a Free Night Certificate After Completing 2 Qualifying Stays
The final targeted IHG Rewards Club promotion allows eligible members to earn a free night after two qualifying stays. As with the other two promotions, targeted members must register for the promotion first. To earn a free night certificate, eligible members must complete the two qualifying stays before the end of the year.
Note that the free night certificate must be redeemed by May 31, 2021, and the certificate is capped at 40,000 IHG points. Here's the promotion registration page to try to register for this targeted promotion.
Qualifying Stays Versus Qualifying Nights
To clear up any confusion, qualifying nights and stays are not the same. A qualifying night is just that — a night spent at an eligible IHG property. However, a stay is any number of consecutive nights at an eligible property.
Unfortunately, members cannot circumvent the night-stay distinction by booking two separate reservations for two consecutive nights at the same property. If you were to check-in into a property on the same day as check out, these two separate reservations would still count as just one qualifying stay.
IHG Fall 2020 Promotions: The Fine Print
As noted above, all three promotions included in this post are targeted. Only select IHG Rewards Club members are eligible for these promotional offers. Additionally, all three offers are available to targeted members through December 31, 2020.
Aside from the requirements associated with each promotion, the terms and conditions are generally the same. For all three of these promotions, a stay will only count as a qualifying stay if the minimum rate is $30 or more each night. Additionally, stays at IHG Army Hotels, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and Six Senses properties do not count as eligible stays. Finally, stays booked using IHG Rewards Points or IHG Points & Cash are also ineligible and will not be counted toward any of the three promotions listed above.
Other IHG Rewards Club Offers
While these three offers are targeted, IHG is currently running a promotion that is available to all IHG Rewards Club members. Now through December 15, IHG Rewards Club members can earn double points with each stay. There is no cap on the number of double points you can earn. Plus, IHG credit card members will earn 10,000 bonus points on their first stay during the promotion.
Additionally, the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card is currently offering a lucrative welcome bonus of 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. IHG award redemptions start at just 10,000 points per night, so you can rack up quite a few free nights from this one sign-up bonus.
- Earn 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn up to 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The earning for spending at IHG hotels breaks down as follows:
- Earn 10X points for being a IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember
- Earn 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of having this card
- Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member (Being a cardholder is not required to earn this bonus for participating in the IHG® loyalty program)
The Bottom Line
Unfortunately, I'm not targeted for any of these offers. However, these three promotions are a fantastic way to earn points they might have missed out on due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The requirements to earn the bonuses associated with each promotion are very reasonable. Plus, with nightly rates at most hotels significantly discounted at the moment, these targeted offers are an affordable way to earn bonus points or a free night.
Are you targeted for any of these offers? If so, do you plan on going out of your way to complete your targeted offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.