AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Marriott just announced a new global promotion. This one is called Earn Twice Each Night and allows members to earn 1,000 bonus points per night and double elite night credits on stays completed during the promotion period.
There's also a round of targeted promotions offering double bonus points on different types of stays, and Marriott still has a few promotions offering bonus points or discounts in select locations.
Here's a roundup of the latest offers from Marriott.
1,000 Bonus Points and Double Elite Night Credit Promotion
We finally have another global Marriott promotion called Earn Twice Each Night. This promotion seems just a little better than the standard promotion, as the limit for the number of points you can earn is quite high.
As usual, you will need to register for this promotion first, and do so before April 9, 2023. After registering, complete stays between February 7 and April 23, 2023. You will earn 1,000 bonus points and 1 bonus elite night for every night you stay during the promotional period.
The only limit to how many points and elite nights you can earn is the 75-day length of the promotion, which means you can earn up to 75,000 bonus points and 75 bonus elite nights before April 23.
With Marriott Bonvoy points currently providing around at 1 cent in value for our readers, that's up to $750 in bonus points. Of course, you would also have to stay all 75 nights during the promotion to maximize the rewards.
Terms and Conditions
- Marriott Bonvoy members must register for this promotion before April 9, 2023, and before completing their first night.
- The promotion period runs from February 7 to April 23, 2023.
- Stays completed prior to registering, even if completed during the promotion period, won't be eligible.
- Stays must be booked directly with Marriott, not through a third-party booking platform.
- Award redemption stay nights including Cash + Points Awards, Free Night Awards, or points redemption are not eligible for the promotion.
- Bonus points and bonus elite nights will post to your account within 7 days of check-out of an eligible stay.
- Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted.
- A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- Some Marriott hotels are not participating in this promotion.
Targeted Marriott Promotions Offering 2x Points
Marriott has been emailing select members with a new round of targeted promotions. The primary promotions seem to be earning 2x bonus points on any stay of two or more nights — or 2x bonus points on stays of two or more nights where at least one of the nights is a Friday or Saturday.
These promotions are valid for the month that members register for them, plus an additional two or three months. In other words, members who register in December will have until February 28 or March 31, 2023, to take advantage of these promotions.
It's unclear who Marriott is targeting with these promotions. Many long-term members have reported not getting them. To see if you've been targeted, check your email (including your spam folder), or go to your Marriott Promotion Central page.
Terms and Conditions
Each promotion could have slightly different terms and conditions, but these should generally hold true:
- Promotions can be claimed without limit during the promotional period.
- Bonus points are only awarded on stays with an eligible fare. Awards nights are not eligible.
50% Off a Second Marriott Room in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Book two rooms for your family when staying at a participating Marriott hotel in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa, and get 50% off the second room.
- Offer is only valid if the two rooms are booked under the promotional code ZJ5 at participating properties across Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
- Customers should book two rooms and the hotel will allocate and adjust the rate accordingly.
- 2nd room must be occupied by children aged 16 and under at the time of stay.
- Offer is valid 7 days a week, subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply.
- Valid through May 3, 2023
Marriott Homes and Villas Promotions
Marriott Homes and Villas is a separate platform that often has its own promotions to earn Marriott Bonvoy points. Check our separate page for Marriott Homes and Villas promotions to see if any are currently running.
Other Bonvoy Earning Opportunities
Fans of Marriott Bonvoy have a lot going for them, especially when it comes to earning points and co-branded credit cards. Specifically, we're seeing some great sign-up bonuses on Marriott Bonvoy credit cards.
- Earn 3 Free Night Awards (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases.
- Earn 3X points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining.
- Earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
The Earn Twice Each Night promotion is a good opportunity to collect a good number of bonus points and elite nights early in the year. Probably very few people will be staying the full 75 days — unless they're on a long business trip. But this is still a good promotion, especially with the added bonus of the extra elite nights.
Targeted Bonvoy promotions seem very focused on double earnings and stays of two or more nights. Whether or not it's a weekend stay seems to be the biggest difference at this time.
Just don't forget to register for all of these promotions if you plan to take advantage of them. With these and promotions other hotel programs are offering, you should be able to earn extra or save money on your next hotel stay.
Do you have any Marriott promotions in your “Promotion Central” that we're missing? If so, let us know what offers you have.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.