AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Registration for Marriott Bonvoy's latest global promotion is now live—and it details one of the best Marriott promotions we've ever seen. From February 16 to April 27, 2021, Bonvoy members will earn double points and double elite night credits on every stay of two nights or more.
“Better Two-gether” Marriott Promotion Terms
Announced in conjunction with Marriott's 2021 Bonvoy program updates, Marriott's “Better Two-gether” promotion promised incredible earning potential. And it certainly delivered.
- You can view and register for the promotion in the “Promotion Central” section of your Bonvoy account.
- Earn double elite nights and double points on 2+ night stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021.
- It doesn't matter when a stay was booked—so no need to rebook previously made reservations.
- Members must register by April 13, 2021 (and before their first stay).
- Marriott defines a “stay” as any consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- The entire Marriott global portfolio of hotels is participating in this promotion.
- This promotion applies to paid stays only, not award stays (*see note below).
- There is no limit to the number of bonus miles that registered members can earn.
- Bonus elite nights should post between 3–7 nights after completing an eligible stay.
*Frequent Miler investigated this further and found out that stays that “include at least one paid night will qualify”. In other words, you can book a stay that includes a mix of paid and award nights and receive double credit for the entire stay.
How Valuable is This Marriott Promotion?
It's safe to say that beyond a few of the individually targeted promotions we've seen over the last few months, this is easily the most generous global promotion Marriott has had in quite some time.
Bonvoy members typically earn:
- 5 points per dollar spent on eligible room rates at Residence Inn, Towneplace Suites, and Element properties
- 10 points per dollar spent on eligible room rates at every other brand in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
Under this promotion, members can earn up to 20 points per dollar spent. Depending on how you value Bonvoy points, that's worth anywhere between a 10%–20% return on your money.
For example, let's say you booked a three-night stay at the famed Royal Hawaiian Resort in Waikiki.
Three nights in this ocean-view room in March would cost $1401.60 + $354.56 in taxes. Under this promotion, you'd earn a total of 28,032 Bonvoy points. That's enough for a free night at a category four Marriott property! 28k points are worth roughly $196 if you value Bonvoy points at 0.7¢ each (like I do).
Double Elite Night Credits
Any time a hotel loyalty program enables the ability to earn double elite nights, it's always worth considering—especially for folks who normally struggle to earn elite status.
Similar to World of Hyatt's “Bonus Journeys” promotion, Bonvoy members can temporarily earn two elite nights for every night stayed. This makes it even easier to earn Bonvoy elite status in 2021.
I say “even easier” because Marriott has already implemented several updates to help members earn status in 2021, including:
- Marriott credit cardholders can earn up to 30 elite night credits by holding Bonvoy credit cards
- 2020 Bonvoy elites get half of the required elite night credits for their previous status
Consequently, many Bonvoy members find themself within striking distance of Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, or Titanium Elite status without having completed any stays yet! For Bonvoy members who'd find value in Marriott's elite status and still need a few nights, this is a great opportunity.
Other Bonvoy Earning Opportunities
Fans of Marriott Bonvoy have a lot going for them, especially when it comes to earning points and co-branded credit cards.
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases + 10X total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 of eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other purchases
The website for Marriott's latest global promotion is live and ready for registration. Starting February 16, 2021, registered Bonvoy members will earn double points and double elite nights for stays of two nights or more through April 27, 2021.
This is an incredible offering from Marriott and a perfect cherry on top of the sundae that is its 2021 program updates. If you're chasing Bonvoy status and need to book hotel stays in the next couple of months, you may want to consider staying at a Marriott.
What do you think of Marriott's “Better Two-gether” promotion?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.