AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Marriott Bonvoy's latest global promotion is open for registration! And it's only this week, so don't snooze on the so-called “Week of Wonders”. This promotion — which runs from October 7-14, 2021 — includes hotel and activity discounts, free bonus points, and bonus earnings.
Here's what you need to know about these new Marriott promotions.
Marriott Promotion: Week of Wonders
There are numerous parts to this promotion. Marriott Bonvoy members received an email regarding this promotion. The public page with all of the details is available online, as well.
Promotions within the Week of Wonders include earning bonus points and saving at Marriott hotels:
- Marriott credit card holders earn 2,000 bonus points on eligible stays. You must register between October 7-14, 2021. Stay at a Marriott property that participates in Bonvoy, and include at least one (1) paid night by November 21, 2021. Maximum earning is 2,000 bonus points on the first eligible stay. You cannot earn more points, even if you have more than one Marriott credit card.
- 25% off at 5,000+ worldwide hotels. Book between October 7-14,2021 for stays through January 17, 2022.
- 3x earnings on Homes & Villas rentals. Reserve now through October 21, 2021 to earn 3x Bonvoy points for stays through March 31, 2022.
- Stay two (2) nights or more at select luxury properties and get a property credit of $300. Book by October 14, 2021 and stay by January 17, 2022.
Plus, earn bonus points and savings with other travel partners:
- Earn up to 6x Bonvoy points when you book a Cruise with Points for sailings through December 23, 2023.
- Receive 3,000 bonus points on Hertz rentals of 2 days or more. The rental period is now through December 31, 2021.
- Get $50 off base fares with Air Canada when you book by October 14, 2021. Terms apply, depending on origin and where you live.
- Save up to $50 on United cash fares to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India.
- Up to 25% off cash fares on Avianca flights from select U.S. cities. Travel dates are through March 31, 2022.
- Save up to $50 on round-trip flights with Lufthansa for travel by October 14, 2022.
- Numerous VIP experiences available for point redemptions. Golf session with a pro, VIP events, a private safari in South Africa and more.
- Discounts on points purchases, luggage sets, and tour activities.
Remember that Marriott defines a stay as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel. Any promotions that are for a “stay” won't earn extra if you book multiple one-night stays back to back at the same property.
Marriott Promotion: 1,500 Bonus Points Per Stay
Remember that there is still an ongoing promotion for 1,500 Marriott points. It's simple and straightforward.
- Must register before completing the stay.
- Registration ends November 28, 2021.
- Valid for stays from September 14 through December 12, 2021.
- Not valid on award stays or stays booked through third parties.
- Bonus will be deposited within 7 business days after checkout.
- Earn an additional 3,000 bonus points (for a total of 4,500 points) for stays at all-inclusive resorts.
- Not valid on accounts that choose to earn airline miles instead of Bonvoy points on stays.
Marriott Targeted Offer Terms
In addition to Marriott's public promotions, some members have received targeted offers personalized for them. Unfortunately, not everyone gets one. But, for those that do, here are some of the standard terms:
- You can view your targeted offers (if you've received one) in the “Promotion Central” section of your Bonvoy account.
- Members must register for any applicable promotion before staying.
- The “earning period” for a bonus starts the day after you register and goes through October 31, 2021.
- It's usually possible to combine these with other global and brand/property-specific Bonvoy promotions.
- Marriott usually sends an email to targeted members, though it's possible to see the offers in your account before receiving the email.
Over the years, we've seen several variations of these promotions in the past, including:
- Receive double points on weekend stays
- Earn “xx” bonus points on your first stay, and “xx” bonus points on your second stay
- Earn up to “xx” bonus points on weekend stays
- Earn up to two Free Night Awards
It's hard to say how Marriott decides which Bonvoy members receive an offer. My first instinct is that this is simply Marriott's way of encouraging members to book who haven't had a stay for a while. However, given the current travel climate, it's likely that most Bonvoy members haven't had a hotel stay for a while. So, who knows? If you receive an offer, let us know in the comments if you've completed a Marriott stay recently.
For most offers, the bonus points probably aren't valuable enough to make new reservations for the points alone. However, if you're lucky enough to get the Free Night Award offer, that's a different story. Just be sure to consider the 6-month expiration policy before making a reservation.
Other Bonvoy earning opportunities
Fans of Marriott Bonvoy have a lot going for them, especially when it comes to earning points and co-branded credit cards. Specifically, we're seeing some great sign-up bonuses on Marriott Bonvoy credit cards.
- For a Limited Time Only! Earn 125,000 Bonus Points and 1 Free Night Award (value up to 50,000 points) after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points & 2 bonus Free Night Awards after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months. Each bonus Free Night Award has a redemption level up to 50K points. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/3/2021.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other purchases
Marriott's newest promotion with the Week of Wonders has a lot going on. Knowing all of the different promotions available and trying to take advantage of all of them could be overwhelming. With these and promotions other hotel programs are offering, you should be able to earn extra or save money on your next hotel stay.
In addition to the public Marriott promotion for the Week of Wonders, some of the recent targeted promotions available to Bonvoy members are quite generous. The best of these offers a free night after completing as little as one stay! So, it's certainly worth checking your account to see if you're targeted.
Were you targeted for a personalized Marriott Bonvoy promotion?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.