AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Marriott is running a few promotions right now, including a new global promotion. The new “Go Your Way” global promotion gives members 1,500 bonus points per stay. Other promotions are mostly for specific hotels, regions, or entire countries, Some highlights of other offers include earning up to 3x points per dollar in the Maldives, 20,000 bonus points per stay in Europe, and up to 5,000 bonus points per stay in Canada. Here's a roundup of the latest offers from Marriott Bonvoy and details of its newest promotion.
- Global Promotion — Go Your Way
- Regional Promotions in the Americas
- Other Regional Promotions
- Double Elite Nights Promotion
- General Terms & Conditions for Marriott Promotions
- Marriott Homes & Villas Promotions
- Other Bonvoy Earning Opportunities
- Bottom Line
Global Promotion — Go Your Way
Marriott Bonvoy has a global promotion that can net 1,500 bonus points per stay and 3,000 bonus points after staying at three different Marriott brands; this promotion is called Go Your Way.
Members can register for this promotion here, and only stays after registration will count toward the promotion. Registration is open through November 22, 2023. Eligible stays are September 12–December 6, 2023.
Bonvoy members will earn 1,500 bonus points per stay, and there's no limit to the number of times this can be earned. Another 3,000 bonus points can be earned by staying at three different Marriott Bonvoy-participating brands during this promotion.
Terms and conditions:
- A “stay” is consecutive nights at the same property, even if you check out/check in again.
- Only paid stays qualify for the bonus points. Free night awards, points redemptions, and cash + points stays are ineligible.
- 1,500 bonus points can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- For the 3,000 bonus points at three brands, the following brands don't qualify: The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Sheraton Vacation Club®, Westin Vacation Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Regis Residence Club®, and Luxury Collection Residence Club.
- Reservations must be made directly with hotels or Marriott Bonvoy reservation channels.
- 1,500 bonus points from a stay will be credited within seven business days.
- 3,000 bonus points will be credited within six weeks of qualifying activity.
Marriott also has a refer-a-friend bonus, which is not limited to any geographic zone. Members can earn up to 50,000 bonus points a year when referring five friends. Or you can earn 2,500 bonus points yourself when you sign up for Marriott Bonvoy as a new member.
Regional Promotions in the Americas
[Booking closed] 1,000 bonus points and 15% off at City Express Hotels
Marriot has just integrated all 149 City Express Hotels in Latin America into its portfolio. To celebrate, Marriott Bonvoy members get a 15% discount and 1,000 bonus points per stay at any City Express Hotel in Central or South America. Members must book before September 10, 2023 and complete the stay before January 31, 2024. Use promotional code M11 when booking.
3,000 bonus points per night at The Trade Hotel Milwaukee
To celebrate its grand opening, there's a promotion of 3,000 bonus points per night at The Trade, Autograph Collection in Milwaukee. This promotion runs through September 28, 2023. Use booking code M11; there is no minimum stay requirement.
2,000 bonus points per night at Courtyard by Marriott hotels
This promotion is valid at participating Courtyard hotels in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, and Latin America. Through October 10, 2023, Bonvoy members can earn 2,000 bonus points per night any day of the week. The terms don't mention any minimum stay or registration requirements. Use promotional code 53M when booking.
Up to 2,000 bonus points in New York
Bonvoy members can earn 2,000 bonus points per night when staying at select Marriott hotels in New York before October 20, 2023. There is a cap of 10,000 bonus points (5 nights) members can earn with this promotion. The following 10 hotels are participating in this promotion:
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
- Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown
- Renaissance New York Chelsea Hotel
- Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan/Financial District
- Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Other Regional Promotions
You don't need to register for these promotions. Just use the booking code provided in each Marriott promotion at the time of booking.
Up to 3X points at Maldives resorts
Marriott Bonvoy just announced an ongoing promotion for members to earn double or triple points on stays at any of the seven Marriott resorts in the Maldives. Two-bedroom villas earn double points, while three-bedroom villas earn triple points. Three-bedroom villas can sleep up to 12 people, and the villas come with a wide range of facilities and activities. The following Maldives resorts are all part of this promotion:
- JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- The ST. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- The Westin Maldives Mariandhoo Resort
- W Maldives
Standard vs. special rates on 2- or 3-bedroom villas
Note that cheaper, one-bedroom villas are not part of this promotion. So whereas you might be able to stay a night for $800, you're looking at more like $1,500–$3,000 per night to earn double or bonus points. As such, this offer is well-suited for families or larger groups. Use this link to book your stay, or use promotional code MR6 when booking at one of the above resorts.
Some of the resorts are offering a discounted rate for this promotion while earning double or triple bonus points. Here are the standard rates at the Le Meridien Maldives:
And these are the rates that qualify for this promotion, called “Double the Rewards, Triple the Bliss:”
Some resorts require that you pay the standard, non-member flexible rate. Look at these rates from the Marriott Ritz-Carlton Maldives:
You'll pay the “flexible rate with breakfast,” not the member rate here.
However, there's also a chance you might have to pay significantly more than the standard rates to earn double or triple bonus points. The rates at JW Marriott Maldives are high enough already:
but you'll pay $1,000 per night extra to qualify for double points:
There seem to be quite a few black-out dates, but no clarification of when they are. The terms and conditions mention that “festive season” dates are excluded (we understand this to mean Christmas and New Year dates), but many other searches, such as in August 2023, showed dates that were unavailable for this promotion. At this time, there is no end date given for the promotion.
Up to 20,000 bonus points in Europe
- Stay at the Domes Lake Algarve, Autograph Collection, Portugal before September 29, 2023 to get 15,000 bonus points per stay and free breakfast, free dinner, and other perks.
- Stay two or more nights at the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel before October 23, 2023 and earn 2,500 bonus points per stay.
- Book any stay at the Moxy Athens City before November 13, 2023 and earn 2,000 bonus points per stay.
- Earn 20,000 bonus points on a stay of 3+ nights in specific suites at Parklane, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa in Limassol, Cyprus through November 17, 2023. Eligible suites include Family Suites, Lifestyle Suites, or the Panoramic Suite.
5,000 bonus points per night in South Africa
Book and complete a stay of any length at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Johannesburg Melrose Arch in South Africa before September 30, 2023 to earn 5,000 bonus points per stay. Breakfast and a welcome gift are included, but you must book an Orlando Pirates-themed room.
2,000 bonus points per night in Thailand, Vietnam, and South Korea
Bonvoy members can book a stay in Thailand, Vietnam, or Seoul, South Korea, and earn 2,000 bonus points per night. Originally this promotion only covered 45 participating hotels in Thailand. Then 16 hotels in Vietnam were added to the promotion but with different dates. Now, members can stay at the AC Hotel Seoul Gangnam in South Korea with the same deal.
- Thailand stays must be booked before September 30 and completed before October 18, 2023.
- Vietnam stays must be booked before September 17 and completed before September 18, 2023.
- Seoul stays must be booked and completed before November 24, 2023.
For the Thailand and Vietnam promotions, stays must be at least two nights. Seoul stays can be any length. Use promotional code MRP when booking for Thailand or Vietnam, and M11 for Seoul.
Double Elite Nights Promotion
Some members are seeing a promotion to earn double elite night credits, just like the Q1 global promotion earlier this year. End dates differ, and not everyone is seeing this promotion, so check your emails or the promotions page in your account.
General Terms & Conditions for Marriott Promotions
- Promotions either require registration or a promotional code when booking.
- There are usually a limited number of rooms for each promotion.
- Blackout dates exist at some properties, including for special events.
- Some promotions can't be claimed if members have elected to earn miles instead of points.
- Unless otherwise stated, promotions can't be combined with other offers.
Marriott Homes & Villas Promotions
Marriott Homes and Villas is a separate platform that regularly offers its own promotions to earn Marriott Bonvoy points. Check our separate page for Marriott Homes amand Villas promotions to see if any are currently running.
Other Bonvoy Earning Opportunities
Fans of Marriott Bonvoy have numerous opportunities to earn points, including from co-branded credit cards. Once again, there are some great welcome bonuses on Marriott Bonvoy credit cards right now.
- Earn two 85K Free Night Awards after you spend $6,000 in purchases on the Card in your first 6 months. Each award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Card Members could enjoy a value of up to $1,200 when redeeming each reward. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/1/2023.
- $300 Brilliant Dining Credit: Each calendar year, get up to $300 (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases made on the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card at restaurants worldwide.
- With Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status, you can receive room upgrades, including enhanced views or suites, when available at select properties and booked with a Qualifying Rate.
- Earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. 3X points at restaurants worldwide and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points on all other eligible purchases.
- Marriott Brilliant Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Each calendar year after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases on your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, you will be eligible to select an Earned Choice Award benefit. You can only earn one Earned Choice Award per calendar year. See https://www.choice-benefit.marriott.com/brilliant for Award options.
- $100 Marriott Bonvoy Property Credit: Enjoy your stay. Receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay using your Card.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®: Receive either a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership for TSA PreCheck® (up to $85 through a TSA PreCheck official enrollment provider) and pay the application fee with your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card you can receive 25 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy® Elite status. Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy® member account. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- Enroll in Priority Pass™ Select, which offers unlimited access to over 1,200 lounges in over 130 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. This allows you to relax before or between flights. You can enjoy snacks, drinks, and internet access in a quiet, comfortable location.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- With Cell Phone Protection, you can be reimbursed, the lesser of, your repair or replacement costs following damage, such as a cracked screen, or theft for a maximum of $800 per claim when your cell phone line is listed on a wireless bill and the prior month's wireless bill was paid by an Eligible Card Account. A $50 deductible will apply to each approved claim with a limit of 2 approved claims per 12-month period. Additional terms and conditions apply. Coverage is provided by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
- $650 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6X points on purchases at Marriott Properties
- 3X points at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery
- 3X points on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
It's nice to see that Marriott finally has another good promotion. With no limit to how many points members can earn with the “Go Your Way” offer, they can earn quite a few more points before the end of 2023.
Other promotions are regional, and some are targeted, meaning not everyone will be eligible for certain deals. However, these offers still can provide Marriott Bonvoy members with a hefty stash of bonus points. Earning up to 20k bonus points on a single stay can provide enough points for a free night at some inexpensive properties. Beyond that, earning 3X bonus points on a three-bedroom stay in the Maldives could net enough Bonvoy points for several free nights.
Just don't forget to register or use the required promotional code. With these and other hotel program promotions, you should be able to earn extra or save money on your next hotel stay.
Do you have any Marriott promotions in your “Promotion Central” that we're missing? If so, let us know what offers you have.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.