AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab and Centurion® Card from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab and Centurion® Card from American Express has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Eligibility is limited for the Amex Offers discussed in this post. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Express seems to be the gift that keeps on giving these days. Since May 2020, Amex has offered loads of enhancements to various cards in an effort to adapt to changing times and customers' unique needs. Again this week, Amex cardmembers woke up to even more great surprises in the form of new Amex Offers.
Which Cards Qualify for These New Amex Offers
American Express Personal Cards
All American Express personal Platinum and Centurion cards should be eligible for these offers. That includes the The Platinum Card® from American Express, American Express Platinum Card® by Charles Schwab, and the Centurion® Card from American Express.
Here are some of the deals we are seeing:
- HomeDepot.com — Spend $50 or more, get $50 back. Available up to 2 times (total of $100). This offer is not available for in-store purchases.
- BestBuy.com — Spend $50 or more and get $50 back (up to 2 times, $100 max)
- Instacart — Spend $250 or more and get $50 back (up to 2 times, $100 max)
- GoldBellys — Spend $100 or more and receive $50 back (up to 3 times, $150 max)
- Home Chef — Spend $50 or more, get $50 back (up to 3 times, $150 max)
- The Container Store — Just in time for New Years, this offer gives $50 back on eligible purchases of $150 or more (up to 2 times, $100 max)
- WineInsiders.com — Spend $30 or more, get $30 back (up to 2 times, $60 max)
- Scribd — Spend $9.99 or more, get $9.99 back (up to 5 times, $49.95 max)
All of these new noteworthy Amex Offers expire on June 30, 2021. So, you have plenty of time to use them.
American Express Business Cards
- Shipping — Earn an additional 4X Membership Rewards points (in addition to the standard 1X), per eligible dollar spent, up to 80,000 bonus points. Plus, there's an offer to get 10% back on FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, up to $1,000 cash back.
- Wireless — Earn +4 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent, up to 80,000 bonus points.
- Gas — Earn +4 Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent, up to 80,000 bonus points.
- Office supplies — Earn +4 Membership Rewards per eligible dollar spent, up to 80,000 bonus points.
- Advertising — Earn +4 Membership Rewards per eligible dollar spent, up to 80,000 bonus points.
Cardmembers can earn up to 80,000 bonus Membership Rewards per category. That means you'll earn a total of 5X points on purchases in these categories on up to $20,000 in purchases in each of these five categories. Thankfully, it's not a grand total of 80,000 Membership Rewards in all categories combined.
In addition, some cardmembers of The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express are reporting getting an offer to get a $25 statement credit for spending $500 on your enrolled card. This reward can be earned up to 10 times for a total of $250 in savings. So far we have seen reports for this offer on other Amex business cards.
Who Doesn't Qualify for These New Amex Offers
If you don't see these offers in your account, unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. The offer states that:
Offer to enroll is only available to U.S.- issued American Express Cards who are Basic Card Members or Additional Card Members prior to November 1, 2020.
So, any card opened after November 1, 2020, is excluded. Although this is a bummer, many of these cardmembers received an elevated welcome offer which included earning 10X points on eligible purchases on their new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during their first 6 months of Card Membership.
Amex recently announced a monthly $30 PayPal statement credit (through June 30, 2021) on personal Amex Platinum cards. And there's no reason why this offer shouldn't stack with these new Amex Offers. Don't forget to stack even more by first using a shopping portal.
You should also be able to use the entirety of the offer in one purchase. For example, make a purchase online at HomeDepot or Best Buy and pay through PayPal to potentially earn both the $30 PayPal statement credit and $50 Amex Offer — as long as the total meets both thresholds of the offer.
Finally, be aware that Amex specifically states rebates from these offers may not post until after 6/30/2021. This is the standard language American Express always uses. So, hopefully, the credits will post as usual — which is normally within a few days from the date the charge posts to your account.
Amex Offers are an incredible way to save lots of money and this set of new offers are some of the best we have seen in a while. I would even argue that if you can utilize them, these alone more than make up for some of the hefty annual fees that come with premium Amex cards.
Personally, I got none of these awesome Amex Offers. But, I do have a plethora of cosmetic offers — which makes me wonder if Amex is trying to tell me something.
What about you? Did you get any of these offers?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.