AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Amazon is running several promotions giving you 20% off when you pay for part of your purchase with American Express Membership Rewards points (using 1 point towards your purchase will count). The offers are targeted, so it is worth double-checking to see if you have been selected. The promotion runs through December 2, 2019, or when 5 million dollars has been redeemed.
Click here to see if you are eligible for the offer.
If you haven't already done so, here's the page to link your Membership Rewards and Amazon accounts. As far as we can tell, you won't be eligible for this promo if you haven't already linked your accounts, so this is the first step before you check the offer link.
- The promotion is valid through December 2, 2019, 11:59 PT, or when $5,000,000 worth of offers has been redeemed.
- There are a couple of versions of this deal:
- Receive 20% off when you spend at least $250 and use Membership Rewards points to pay for part of your purchase.
- Receive 20% off when you spend at least $100 and use Membership Rewards points to pay for part of your purchase.
- The offer is limited to one promotional code per eligible Membership Rewards card.
- The promotion does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- The offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com and not other third-party sellers.
- The promotion is only open to Amazon.com customers with a US-based eligible Membership Rewards card.
If you have an eligible Membership Rewards card and an Amazon account, then this promotion is a no-brainer. It's possible to use this credit to purchase gift cards (including digital ones delivered by email), although this only works for select merchants. Among our favorite eligible gift cards are Airbnb, Hotels.com, Uber, and Southwest Airlines.
Remember, Amazon gives you only one cent per Membership Reward redeemed towards a purchase, which is far less than the value you'll get by transferring points to Amex partners. Make sure to enter the minimum of $0.01 in the pay with points section, which will result in only one Membership Reward being deducted.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.