AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts has opened its latest promotion for registration. The IHG 2016 Share Forever campaign is running from May 1 through September 5 and is available exclusively to IHG Rewards Club members from North and South America.
With a base offering of ‘65,000 bonus points — plus a free night to share', it is another targeted offer from IHG. This thread on FlyerTalk shows the wide variety of stays members have received to max out points, ranging from the low 20's up to a whopping 68 nights.
- 24 nights to earn 65,400 bonus points
- 25 nights to earn 67,900 bonus points
- 26 nights to earn 68,600 bonus points
- 41 nights to earn 85,500 bonus points
- 43 nights to earn 100,500 bonus points
- 50 nights to earn 109,500 bonus points
- 68 nights to earn 132,000 bonus points
The comments on the thread include a score of complaints from Reward Club members located outside the Americas; it appears IHG are not doing themselves any big favors on the international scene by making these offers exclusive to the two American continents.
- 4,000 points with the first-night stay (if by May 31, 2016, 1,000 points if after that)
- 1,200 points with 2 nights
- 2,800 points with 4 nights
- 20,000 points with 9 nights
- 40,000 points with 34 nights
- Total – 68,000 points for 34 nights if the first night is before May 31
You also get the following rewards to share on top of the bonus points:
- 1,000 points to share after first night by September 5
- 1 free night to share after 15 nights by September 5
It’s worth noting the first night bonus is determined by your elite status and to max out the points, you must stay before May 31. Total possible points are calculated using the 1000 point minimum first night so if you are claiming the higher points they will be added to the maximum haul.
First night bonus for elite members:
- Club: 5,000 bonus points
- Gold: 6,000 bonus points
- Platinum: 7,000 bonus points
- Spire: 8,000 bonus points
Unless you already have visits planned at IHG properties, it's hard to see this promotion being high on the hit list. I think the Hyatt Stay More Play More promotion offers better value with its 75,000 point haul for 25 stays and Starwood Preferred Guest's upcoming Triple Up promotion, which we will detail in the coming days, will be offering a better ROI on dollars spent.
The first night bonus is worth claiming if you can find a cheap stay in an IHG property. Otherwise, it's likely your dollars will find better rewards with points promotions happening across most programs through summer.
Head over to the registration page and enter your member number to see what offer you receive. It's worth registering at least for the first-night stay and as always, it will lock in bonus points for any unexpected IHG stays over the next four months.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.