AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card and Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Visa Signature are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Marriott offers several of ways to make your points go further. You can take advantage of Marriott Cash + Points stays and squeeze in an extra night or two with your points or hunt down a hotel offering Marriott PointSavers Awards, an option we'll explore in this post.
What are PointSavers Awards?
The PointSavers program is a revolving list of properties worldwide available to Marriott members at discounted award rates.
When you book an award stay at a property on the PointSavers list, you pay fewer points than the typical award category of the hotel, saving up to 33%. For instance, booking a room at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel at the PointSavers rate will cost 32,500 points rather than the 35,000 it typically requires for a Standard Award as a category 5 hotel.
Which Marriott Hotels are on the PointSaver List?
The list of hotels participating in PointSavers changes with new deals added every week. You can find the current list of hotels and the dates they are available on the Marriott PointSavers website.
How Much Does a Pointsavers Award Cost?
PointSavers awards are discounted by up to 33%, with the discount dependent on the award category and the time of year booked. You can see the discounts in the PointSavers Award Chart below.
Marriott PointSavers Award Chart
Compared to the Marriott Award Chart
Note: One of the best features of PointSavers Rewards is you still receive the fifth night free when redeeming 4 nights accommodation.
Earning Points to Redeem for PointSavers Awards
While you can earn plenty of points through stays and promotions, by far the fastest way to accumulate points is with Marriott co-brand credit cards which include:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card (No longer accepting applications)
- The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card
- Welcome Offer: Earn three Free Night Awards after you use your new Card to make $6,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Redemption level up to 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points for each bonus Free Night Award, at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly through Marriott. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- 6x Marriott Bonvoy points on each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x Marriott Bonvoy points on each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 4x Marriott Bonvoy points on each dollar of eligible purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar on all other eligible purchases
How to Book a PointSavers Award
Booking a PointSavers Award stay works exactly like a standard award reservation. We'll run through an example booking the Marriott's Grande Ocean, a Marriott Vacation Club property on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Go to the Marriott Rewards PointSavers website to determine which hotels are participating and select the link to your hotel; the dates each hotel is participating will show up when you expand the region.
Select your dates (if your dates are flexible you can select ‘Flexible Dates'), remember to check the ‘Use Points' box.
If PointSavers are available on the dates requested, you will see the discount already applied.
Select your room and proceed to the reservations page where you can confirm the discounted award rate. Confirm your details and checkout to complete your booking.
Bonus: You earn elite night credits when booking PointSavers Rewards.
While you won't always find a property on the PointSavers list for your chosen destination, it is worthwhile checking before you book as you could save a significant number of points. Another fantastic way of using PointSavers is to explore new destinations, what better way to use your points than by whisking yourself away to an unknown new destination and rediscovering that sense of exploration and discovery that only new destinations can give.
Remember, select Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit cards will automatically give you elite status in their respective programs, further enhancing your stay.
- 3X points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X points on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains)
- 1X point on all other purchases
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.