AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Visa Signature and The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Marriott Rewards offers several of ways to make your points go further. You can take advantage of Marriott Cash + Points stays and squeeze in an extra night or two with your points or hunt down a hotel offering Marriott PointSavers™ Awards, an option we'll explore in this post.
What are PointSavers™ Awards?
The PointSavers program is a revolving list of properties worldwide available to Marriott members at discounted award rates.
When you book an award stay at a property on the PointSavers list, you pay fewer points than the typical award category of the hotel, saving up to 33%. For instance, booking a room at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel at the PointSavers rate will cost 32,500 points rather than the 35,000 it typically requires for a Standard Award as a category 5 hotel.
Which Marriott Hotels are on the PointSaver List?
The list of hotels participating in PointSavers changes with new deals added every week. You can find the current list of hotels and the dates they are available on the Marriott PointSavers website.
How Much Does a Pointsavers Award Cost?
PointSavers awards are discounted by up to 33%, with the discount dependent on the award category and the time of year booked. You can see the discounts in the PointSavers Award Chart below.
Marriott Rewards PointSavers Award Chart
Compared to the Marriott Rewards Award Chart
Note: One of the best features of PointSavers Rewards is you still receive the fifth night free when redeeming 4 nights accommodation.
Earning Points to Redeem for PointSavers Awards
While you can earn plenty of Rewards points through stays and promotions, by far the fastest way to accumulate points is with the Marriott co-brand credit cards which include:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card (No longer accepting applications)
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card (No longer accepting applications)
- Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other purchases
How to Book a PointSavers Award
Booking a PointSavers Award stay works exactly like a standard award reservation. We'll run through an example booking the Marriott's Grande Ocean, a Marriott Vacation Club property on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Go to the Marriott Rewards PointSavers website to determine which hotels are participating and select the link to your hotel; the dates each hotel is participating will show up when you expand the region.
Select your dates (if your dates are flexible you can select ‘Flexible Dates'), remember to check the ‘Use Points' box.
If PointSavers are available on the dates requested, you will see the discount already applied.
Select your room and proceed to the reservations page where you can confirm the discounted award rate. Confirm your details and checkout to complete your booking.
Bonus: You earn elite night credits when booking PointSavers Rewards.
While you won't always find a property on the PointSavers list for your chosen destination, it is worthwhile checking before you book as you could save a significant number of points. Another fantastic way of using PointSavers is to explore new destinations, what better way to use your points than by whisking yourself away to an unknown new destination and rediscovering that sense of exploration and discovery that only new destinations can give.
Remember, select Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit cards will automatically give you elite status in their respective programs, further enhancing your stay.
- Limited Time Offer! Earn 50,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from CHASE® with no annual fee!
- Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains).
- 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, qualifying you for Silver Elite Status. Restrictions apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 3X points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X points on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains)
- 1X point on all other purchases
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.