AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Shangri-La Circle launched a promotion giving its non-elite “Gold” members the option to fast-track to Jade status in 2023. The promotion runs through May 31, 2023. If members complete the promotion, they will receive Jade status through December 31, 2024.
Key Terms Overview
- Earn Shangri-La Jade status with the “Fast Track to Jade” promotion.
- The promotion is valid through May 31, 2023.
- You need to register for the offer.
- The offer is only available to Shangri-La Circle Gold members — which is the name that Shangri-La gives its non-elite general members.
- Gold members must complete 10 qualifying nights or reach 3,000 tier points at participating hotels to reach Jade status. That's half of the normal 20 qualifying nights required.
- Members must ensure their membership number is quoted at the time of booking.
- “Qualifying nights “must be booked via the Shangri-La website, WeChat mini-program Mobile App, reservations center, Shangri-La Circle Member Services, and participating hotels' appointed travel management companies.
- During the promotion, earn Tier Points at a rate of one point per $1 spent on qualifying purchases, including accommodation, incidental charges, and Shangri-La Boutique purchases.
- Upon successful completion of the promotion, members receive Jade status through December 31, 2024.
Is the Jade Promotion Worth It?
Ultimately, this will depend on how often you use Shangri-la properties and how your travel plans look over through December 31, 2024. Although Jade circle can be rewarding, achieving it with the promotion will require 10 nights or spending $3,000 at Shangri-La properties during the promotion period.
The key benefits of Jade status are as follows:
- Complimentary breakfast for yourself and your partner staying with you.
- Early check-in or late check-out at 11 a.m. / 4 p.m.
- $10 dining credit welcome amenity.
Remember that Shangri-La has a much smaller footprint than most hotel brands, with only around 100 properties located primarily in Asia. However, a couple of properties exist in Canada and a few in the Middle East. You need to factor in your upcoming travel destinations to see if you will make the most of your Jade status.
If you are a regular at Shangri-La properties, then this promotion can make a lot of sense. The offer is a quick and easy way to upgrade your status and keep it for nearly 18 months.
However, the promotion does require a significant investment in stays over the next few months. So, this may not be the right offer for you if you cannot maximize your returns through December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.