AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Shangri-La Circle is running a promotion giving members a 20% transfer bonus when they transfer Circle points to 20 airline loyalty programs. The promotion is valid for transfer through December 31, 2022.
Shangri-La Airline Transfer Bonus Key Terms
- Receive a 20% bonus when you transfer Shangri-La Circle points to participating airline programs.
- The promotion is valid through December 31, 2022, at noon Hong Kong time.
- The minimum transfer is 1,000 points plus further increments of 500 points.
- To be eligible, members must already be members of both programs.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for the bonus points to post to your account.
Which Airline Programs Are Part of This Shangri-La Transfer Bonus?
With the promotion, you can convert your points to any of the following airline frequent flyer programs:
- AAdvantage – American Airlines
- Aeroplan – Air Canada
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue
- ALFURSAN Loyalty Program – SAUDIA
- ANA Mileage Club – All Nippon Airways
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Eastern Miles – China Eastern Airlines
- Enrich – Malaysia Airlines
- Etihad Guest – Etihad Airways
- Finnair Plus
- Fortune Wings Club – Hainan Airlines
- KrisFlyer – Singapore Airlines [transfers will continue to get a 25% transfer bonus, see below]
- Mabuhay Miles – Philippine Airlines
- MileagePlus – United Airlines
- PhoenixMiles – Air China
- Privilege Club – Qatar Airways
- Sindbad – Oman Air
- SkyMiles – Delta Air Lines
- Sky Pearl Club – China Southern Airlines
- Velocity Frequent Flyer – Virgin Australia
One thing to keep in mind is that while Shangri La Circle points typically transfer at a ratio of 1:1, there are some exceptions. The points transfer to the following programs at a ratio of 1:1.6:
- Eastern Miles — China Eastern Airlines.
- Sky Pearl Club — China Southern Airlines.
- Phoenix Miles — Air China.
- Fortune Wings Club — Hainan Airlines.
In addition, points typically transfer to Singapore Airlines at a ratio of 1:1.25. Members will continue to be able to get this 25% transfer bonus during this promotion. You won't get an additional 20% transfer bonus.
It is generally not recommended that you transfer hotel points to airline miles due to the poor exchange rates. However, there are some exceptions. If your points are about to expire, then a transfer can save some and get them out of harm's way.
Shangri La Circle points have a fixed 3-year expiration deadline. If you have not been able to use your points due to the pandemic disrupting your travel plans over the past few years, then transferring your points out of the program could be an excellent exit strategy.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.