AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Southwest has announced a status match challenge, where you will receive A-List status for 90 days, in which time you need to complete 3 roundtrips or 6 one-way trips with Southwest to extend your status for 12 months.
Taking advantage of the promotion is relatively straightforward, you just need to do the following:
- Sign up for Rapid Rewards if you are not already a member
- Submit a screenshot of your Elite status with another US based carrier, along with your first and last names, and your Rapid Rewards number
- Allow 12 days to receive your A-List status
- You will not receive an A-List card during the first 90 days, but will receive A-List benefits on Southwest flights.
- To extend your status for a further 12 months, you need to complete 3 roundtrips or 6 one-way segments with Southwest
If you fly Southwest regularly but not quite enough to reach A-List status, or have some upcoming flights with Southwest, then this promotion comes around just in time. Picking up Elite status for travel you already planned would be a sweet bonus. Also, if your travel plans allow you to switch over to Southwest, and you can hit the threshold for extending your status for 12 months, you might want to think about taking part in this status match challenge.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.