AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Every now and then, you can bid with your loyalty program points for some special experience. This week, United brought back the flight simulator experience that you can bid on with MileagePlus miles. This bidding runs through March 12, 2023, and the experience will be held on April 14, 2023. You'll want to ensure you're free on the day of the experience before bidding.
This is quite a different type of promotion than what we usually talk about, and it's certainly not for everyone. But, for those looking for a really special experience, United miles can be your ticket.
Bid United Miles for a Flight Simulator Experience
Now through March 12, 2023, United cardholders have the option of bidding on a United Airlines flight simulator experience package. Like last year, there are four packages available to bid on, all four scheduled for April 14, 2023. The package includes the following:
- Roundtrip airfare (from the continental US) for two passengers to Denver, Colorado in United economy on dates of your choosing. Hotel accommodations will not part of the package for anyone arriving before and/or departing after the event date.
- Two (2) hours of flight simulator flying time in a Boeing simulator
- Two (2) hours of flight simulator flying time in an Airbus simulator
- Meet and greet with the United Flight Training Center team
- Emergency procedures tour, including classroom and emergency slide
- Premium souvenir gift
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch
- Champagne toast
As of March 10, the minimum (winning) bid is 505,000 United MileagePlus miles. That's an increase of 205,000 miles since we originally published this article. If that amount of miles is worth flying to Denver and participating in four hours of flight simulators with United, then place your bid.
Note that this time around, United is making it easier to fly on dates of your choosing, so you can spend a few more days in Denver. United will cover your flights. But, any activities, transportation, and accommodations outside the package will be on your own dime.
If you need more United miles, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards or Bilt Rewards points to United at a 1:1 ratio. Or get a total of 27,500 United miles per 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points transferred.
Terms and Conditions
- Offer excludes ground transportation and hotel stays.
- Full payment in miles must be completed at the time of booking in order to confirm the reservation.
- Offer is non-refundable.
- Schedules and staffing are subject to change.
- You cannot resell the trip package.
This flight simulator experience is a really unique way to redeem your United miles. While some people might want to keep their United miles for traveling, these unique experiences don't come around that often. Just make sure you're available around April 14 if you want to bid on this experience.
Note that you can get a flight simulator experience for considerably less than the value of 505,000 United miles. Delta, British Airways, and a place in Las Vegas all sell flight simulator experiences. However, United's package is unique in offering this experience right in the actual training center.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.