AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Each credit card has its own set of benefits. Some benefits are common among many cards, like travel protections or getting reimbursement for your Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee. Then, you can find benefits that are unique to certain cards. Today, we're going to look at some of the benefits that come with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card that you may not be as familiar with.
- 2 miles per dollar on all eligible purchases
- 5 miles per dollar on flights when booking via Capital One Travel
- 10 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars when booking via Capital One Travel
Better-Known Capital One Venture X Benefits
First, let's take a look at some of the things that you may already know about. The Capital One Venture X comes with a welcome bonus of 75,000 miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. It has an annual fee of $395, which is fully offset by the card's many benefits — assuming you take advantage of them.
These benefits include some well-known things like:
- Up to $300 annual travel credit. Following the latest update to the Capital One Venture X, the travel credit is no longer applied retrospectively as a statement credit. Cardholders can now choose to apply it at the checkout in the Capital One Travel Portal, akin to a travel voucher — adding up to the maximum of $300 if your reservations cost less than $300. This credit resets every card anniversary (not calendar year).
- 10,000-mile bonus on every account anniversary. How much is this worth? AwardWallet users redeem Capital One miles at 2.66¢ on average.
- Access to Capital One Lounges. There is currently one Capital One Lounge open at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW), with three more opening soon at Washington Dulles (IAD), Las Vegas (LAS), and Denver (DEN). You can bring two complimentary guests into the lounge with you.
- Priority Pass Select membership for access to 1,300+ airport lounges. Enroll for a membership that provides unlimited access to these lounges, plus unlimited guests (subject to space limitations at each lounge).
- Access to Plaza Premium lounges. Get access to over 100 Plaza Premium locations by showing your Capital One Venture X and your same-day boarding pass.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit. Get a statement credit once every four years for either of these services when you use your card to pay the application fee.
- Bonus earnings in the travel portal. Earn 10 Miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5 Miles per dollar on flights booked through Capital One Travel.
- Up to four complimentary authorized users. These users get their own lounge access but not extra bonus miles or a separate $300 travel credit.
Lesser-Known Capital One Venture X Benefits
Now that we've covered some of the benefits that you may be more familiar with, let's look at some Capital One Venture X perks you might not know about.
Hertz President's Circle status
Holding the Capital One Venture X allows you to claim complimentary Hertz President's Circle status. This is the highest level of status that Hertz offers in its Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program. President's Circle members have the following benefits:
- Guaranteed one car-class upgrade
- Choice from the widest selection of cars
- A dedicated phone support line
You must enroll in the program and use your card to pay in order to be eligible for these benefits. To enroll, log on to your Capital One profile. Next, you can click “Explore” and then “Benefits.” From there, click on “Hertz” and go through the prompts to fill out the enrollment form.
This perk runs through December 31, 2024.
Dining and entertainment
Cardholders can access unforgettable dining experiences through Capital One Dining. You can explore a list of restaurants curated by expert chefs, the MICHELIN guide, and the James Beard Foundation. You also can book hard-to-get reservations at these restaurants in major cities like New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and more. These reservations are held specifically for cardholders.
Along with the list of curated restaurants and reservations, you can access Capital One Entertainment. Through this, you can use your miles, your card, or both to pay for dozens of experiences. There are sports — like college and professional football, baseball, and basketball — plus comedy, theatre, and music. Furthermore, there are cardholder-exclusive tickets, which can include things like VIP packages and on-site perks at certain events. Previous pre-sale access for cardholders included Taylor Swift's “The Eras Tour.”
Capital One's Premier Collection
Capital One also has a curated list of premium hotels in their Premier Collection. You can find dozens of locations across the U.S. and around the world. These are luxury properties that focus on serenity.
Not only can you access this curated list of hotels, but you get benefits with your reservation, including:
- 10x miles on your booking
- $100 experience credit for things like dining or spa treatments that are charged to your room
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Room upgrades (when available)
- Early check-in and late check-out (when available)
If you like staying at fancy hotels, this is a great way to get some extra perks with your stay. Plus, you can use your annual $300 travel credit toward these bookings.
Protection for your personal items
When you use your Capital One Venture X to pay your monthly cell phone bill, you will automatically be covered if your phone is damaged or stolen. You can receive up to $800 per approved claim with a maximum of two claims in a 12-month period. You just need to pay a $50 deductible. Coverage goes into effect the first day of the month following payment of a wireless phone bill with this card, and it applies to phones listed on that bill.
In addition to the cell phone coverage, the Capital One Venture X provides purchase security. It covers up to $10,000 per claim and up to $50,000 per accountholder if items you purchased within the past 90 days are stolen or damaged.
One other coverage can protect items you buy with your card: extended warranty. This adds an additional year to manufacturers' warranties of three years or less and has a maximum benefit of $10,000 per claim (or the cost of the item paid for with your card) and $50,000 per account.
Primary rental car coverage
Finally, the Capital One Venture X offers primary rental collision coverage. For this to be in effect, you need to pay for your entire rental with your card and decline the rental company's collision damage waiver (CDW). Your coverage includes physical damage to the vehicle, theft of the vehicle, loss of use charges from the rental company, and towing. It covers up to the actual cash value of the car, with a maximum of $75,000.
You should note three important things. First, only your rental car is covered. If you are in an at-fault accident, then the other car (or any people you injure) will not be covered. Second, the coverage excludes rentals in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Israel, and Jamaica. Third, certain vehicle types (like antiques or cars that cost more than $75,000) are excluded. Be sure to consult your benefits guide (warning: PDF) before renting to ensure you understand how this policy works.
There are many well-known benefits on the Capital One Venture X. You also can access a slew of lesser-known benefits that are worth knowing about so you don't let your benefits go to waste. These can save money on your next trip and protect your prized possessions.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.