AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Airlines recently launched a status match offer for World of Hyatt elites. The promotion offers Hyatt Globalist and Explorist members the chance to claim AAdvantage Platinum or Platinum Pro, respectively. Then, eligible members can complete a challenge to keep that status — or even earn their way up to top-tier Executive Platinum elite status.
However, you need to link your accounts by December 12, 2022 to take advantage of this offer.
World of Hyatt AA Instant Status Pass
- World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalists members must link their AAdvantage account by December 12, 2022.
- Members then need to register for the promotion by December 28, 2022.
- Once registered, members receive complimentary AAdvantage status for four months.
- During the four months, members must meet the American Airlines Instant Status Pass status challenge to maintain their status:
- Explorist members receiving AAdvantage Platinum status must earn at least 25,000 Loyalty Points to maintain AAdvantage Platinum.
- Globalist members enjoying AAdvantage Platinum Pro status must earn at least 42,000 Loyalty Points to maintain AAdvantage Platinum Pro.
- Explorist or Globalist members can upgrade to AAdvantage Executive Platinum status by earning at least 67,000 Loyalty Points during the first four months of the Instant Status Pass offer.
- Instant Status Pass can be kept for up to a year by completing a qualifying activity every 4 months.
Remember that if you achieve Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum status, it will differ from receiving it through standard means. American Airlines Loyalty Choice Rewards are based on your Loyalty Point earnings through February 28, 2023.
Even if you achieve Executive Platinum status through this challenge, you won't earn any Loyalty Choice Rewards — such as systemwide upgrades — unless you accumulate at least 125,000 Loyalty Points by that date.
Status matches and status challenges are always welcome opportunities. For just a short time more, World of Hyatt elites can leverage their elite status to score AAdvantage elite status for at least four months. Then, you'll have the chance to complete a status challenge to keep it. Considering the upcoming holiday season, this promotion can be a great way to quickly achieve AAdvantage elite status.
Are you planning on taking advantage of this opportunity this year? Let us know in the comments below.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.