AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
World of Hyatt has announced an award category change to over 250 of its properties worldwide. The new categories will come into effect on March 18, 2019, so you have just under two weeks to lock in bookings at hotels that are going up in price. However, unlike most “category adjustments” which are a clear devaluation, Hyatt is actually lowering the price on almost half the affected properties.
Summary of Upcoming changes
- In total, 259 properties are changing category
- 130 properties are going up in category
- 129 properties are going down in category
Effect On Hyatt Free Night Certificate
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card comes with a host of features and benefits, and arguably one of the most impressive is the annual free-night certificate. The free night can be redeemed at any category 1-4 property worldwide. Here's a breakdown of how the upcoming category changes will impact your free-night options:
- 18 properties will no longer be eligible for the free-night award
- 12 properties will become eligible for the free-night award
Properties that will no longer be eligible include:
- Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
- Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
- Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
- Hyatt Regency Boston
- Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
- Grand Hyatt DFW
- Hyatt House Virginia Beach / Oceanfront
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- Hyatt at Olive 8
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo
- Hyatt Regency Cologne
- Park Hyatt Hamburg
- Hyatt Regency Amsterdam
- Hyatt Regency Sochi
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Park Hyatt Busan
- Hyatt Regency Guam
Properties that will become eligible include:
- Andaz San Diego
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach
- Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
- Hyatt House Jersey City
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson
- Park Hyatt Istanbul – Macka Palas
- Hyatt Regency Kiev
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar
- Park Hyatt Hangzhou
While the changes are minimal, this still represents a global loss of six free-night-eligible hotels overall. In the U.S., ten properties will no longer be eligible, while eight properties will become eligible for the annual free night that comes with the World of Hyatt Card.
Overall, this is a relatively minor change, and we’re relieved that this didn’t turn out to be a major increase in points required across the board. Despite the net loss of two free-night eligible properties in the U.S., this category change will have minimal impact for most Hyatt loyalists. If you are considering an upcoming stay with one of the properties going up in price, you still have just under two weeks to lock in your reservations.
Source: Doctor Of Credit
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.