AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Each summer, the World of Hyatt program runs a seasonal promotion. And this year is no different. From June 15 through September 15, Hyatt cardholders will get a 25% award rebate on select World of Hyatt stays.
On the surface, the promotion looks like it's similar to Hyatt's standard summer promos. However, once you dig a little deeper, you'll see that it's full of restrictions. Unfortunately, it isn't as lucrative for the majority of travelers like it has been in the past.
Hyatt Award Rebate Key Terms
- Get a 25% rebate on select World of Hyatt stays
- Register between June 1, 2021 and August 20, 2021
- Stay between June 15, 2021 and September 15, 2021
- Valid for stays at the following brands: JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- Must have a co-branded Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card to be eligible
Hyatt's latest summer promotion allows eligible members to save 25% on select stays. To be eligible, you have to hold the World of Hyatt Card and register for the promotion by August 20, 2021. Stays must take place between June 15 and September 15, 2021.
In the past, promotions were available to all World of Hyatt members with cardholders getting a boost on their earning rate. This time around, though, only those holding a World of Hyatt Card can take advantage of this Hyatt award rebate.
Another difference from previous summer promotions is the list of eligible properties — not all Hyatt locations are included. In fact, only 3 of Hyatt's brands are eligible for the rebate this time around. JdV, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Collectively, these brands make up Hyatt's independent collection. Click on the brand name in the links above to view a map of all the locations.
Fortunately, if you do happen to have a stay at one of these properties and are a World of Hyatt Card holder this is a great opportunity to save a lot of points.
The Eliza Jane is part of Unbound Collection. Located in New Orleans and just a quick walk to the French Quarter, this hotel is full of old-world character with modern-day amenities. As a category 4 property, this hotel runs 15,000 World of Hyatt points a night. After the 25% award rebate, the hotel costs 11,250 points per night.
A category 5 property like the Driskill, another property in the Unbound Collection, located in Austin, Texas costs 20,000 World of Hyatt points a night. With a 25% rebate, this hotel comes out to 15,000 World of Hyatt points a night. 5,000 points are enough to book a night at one of Hyatt's category one properties!
Did you know the Driskill is considered one of the most haunted hotels in Texas?
If you don't already have the World of Hyatt Card, you can sign up for it now and enjoy this promotion through the summer. Here's the current offer:
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open.
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Up to 9X points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
In addition to the 30,000 bonus points after meeting the spending requirement, new cardholders can also earn two points per dollar spent (on purchases that normally earn one point) in the first six months from account opening—on up to $15,000 spent.
It's a huge bummer that this year's promotion is only available to cardholders. Additionally, it's only for stays at just a handful of locations. This promo is targeted at a very small audience and really doesn't benefit many of the average Hyatt loyalists. For the few whose plans do line up with the promotion, though, it can be a nice way to save Hyatt points.
Are you going to be able to take advantage of this offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.