AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Each summer, the World of Hyatt program runs a seasonal promotion. And this year is no different. From July 11 to September 17, 2023 Hyatt cardholders will get a 20% award rebate on World of Hyatt stays at select brands.
This year's promotion is practically a copy of last summer's promotion, offering a 20% award rebate at three niche brands: JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Hotels. However, this promotion is much better than last year's, thanks to some new additions to the World of Hyatt program. Let's dig into the details.
Hyatt Award Rebate Key Terms
- Get a 20% rebate on select World of Hyatt stays.
- Register for this promotion by August 15, 2023.
- Stay between July 11, 2023 and September 17, 2023.
- Valid for stays at the following brands:
- JdV by Hyatt
- Destination by Hyatt
- The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Hotels
- Must have a co-branded Chase The World of Hyatt Credit Card or World of Hyatt Business Credit Card to be eligible
- Get a maximum rebate of 30,000 bonus points per transaction through this offer.
In the past, promotions were available to all World of Hyatt members with cardholders getting a boost on their earning rate. This time around, though, only those holding a World of Hyatt Card or Hyatt Business Card can take advantage of this Hyatt award rebate.
Hyatt Cardholder Award Rebate Eligible Properties
In past versions of World of Hyatt credit card award rebate promotions, eligible cardholders could get a rebate at a wide variety of properties. Unfortunately, that's not the case this time. Only three of Hyatt's brands are eligible for this cardholder rebate:
Fortunately, if you do happen to have a stay at one of these properties and are a World of Hyatt Card holder this is a great opportunity to save a lot of points.
The tommie Austin is one appealing option. Located right in the heart of downtown Austin, this sleek hotel offers everything from a Texas-themed bar to a rooftop pool with views of Austin.
As a category 4 property, this hotel runs between 12,000 and 18,000 World of Hyatt points a night. After the 20% award rebate, you can book a stay during off-peak nights for as few as 9,600 points per night. Remember that you can find the cheapest award nights by using Hyatt's award calendar:
Or you can stay near an actual castle in Prague for as few as 2,800 Hyatt points after the 20% cardholder rebate. One of the Lindner Hotels that recently joined Hyatt is the Lindner Hotel Prague Castle — a Category 1 property. During off-peak nights, you'll only need to pay 3,500 World of Hyatt points to reserve a room. Eligible cardholders that stay during this promotion will get a 20% rebate, dropping the price to just 2,800 points.
If you don't already have the World of Hyatt Card, you can sign up for it now and enjoy this promotion through the summer. Here's the current offer:
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent.
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Member FDIC
- Up to 9X points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
In addition to the 30,000 bonus points after meeting the spending requirement, new cardholders can also earn two points per dollar spent (on purchases that normally earn one point) in the first six months from account opening — on up to $15,000 spent.
It's a huge bummer that this year's promotion is only available to cardholders and just three brands. With that said, Hyatt has quickly expanded its JdV properties with partnerships with Lindner Hotels and other acquisitions. When this same promotion was offered last year, Hyatt offered fewer than 100 eligible properties. This time around, around 150 properties are available — including several very enticing options in Europe. That makes this even more appealing for travelers whose plans line up with the promotion.
Will you be able to take advantage of this Hyatt cardholder award rebate offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.