AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Each year, the World of Hyatt program runs a seasonal promotion. And this year is no different. From April 1 through June 5, Hyatt cardholders will get a 20% award rebate on select World of Hyatt stays.
On the surface, the promotion looks like it's similar to Hyatt's standard summer promos. However, once you dig a little deeper, you'll see that it's full of restrictions. Unfortunately, it isn't as lucrative for the majority of travelers as it has been in the past.
Hyatt Award Rebate Key Terms
- Get a 20% rebate on select World of Hyatt stays
- Register between March 15, 2022 and April 30, 2022
- Stay between April 1, 2022 and June 5, 2022
- Valid for stays at the following brands: Thompson Hotels
- Must have a co-branded Chase The World of Hyatt Credit Card or World of Hyatt Business Credit Card to be eligible
Hyatt's latest award promotion allows eligible members to save 20% on stays at Thompson Hotels. To be eligible, you have to hold the World of Hyatt Card or World of Hyatt Business Credit Card and register for the promotion by April 30, 2022. Stays must take place between April 1 and June 5, 2022.
In the past, promotions were available to all World of Hyatt members with cardholders getting a boost on their earning rate. This time around, though, only those holding a World of Hyatt Card can take advantage of this Hyatt award rebate.
Another difference from previous promotions is the list of eligible properties — not all Hyatt locations are included. In fact, only 1 of Hyatt's brands is eligible for the rebate this time around: Thompson Hotels. Click on the brand name in the link above to view a map of all 18 locations.
Fortunately, if you do happen to have a stay at one of these properties and are a World of Hyatt Card holder this is a great opportunity to save a lot of points.
The Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House is one appealing option. Located right near the beach in Playa del Carmen, this sleek hotel offers everything from a rooftop bar to an infinity pool. As a category 3 property, this hotel runs between 9,000 and 15,000 World of Hyatt points a night. After the 20% award rebate, you can book a stay during off-peak nights for as few as 7,200 points per night.
Remember that you can find the cheapest award nights by using Hyatt's award calendar:
If you don't already have the World of Hyatt Card, you can sign up for it now and enjoy this promotion through the summer. Here's the current offer:
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort.
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Up to 9X points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
In addition to the 30,000 bonus points after meeting the spending requirement, new cardholders can also earn two points per dollar spent (on purchases that normally earn one point) in the first six months from account opening—on up to $15,000 spent.
It's a huge bummer that this year's promotion is only available to cardholders and just one brand of 18 locations. This promo is targeted at a very small audience and really doesn't benefit many of the average Hyatt loyalists. For the few whose plans do line up with the promotion, though, it can be a nice way to save Hyatt points.
Are you going to be able to take advantage of this offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.