AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the United℠ Business Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promo has ended.
If you're one of the millions making purchases online from home right now, your everyday spending could help you toward your next vacation. Just by clicking through an online shopping portal, you can double-dip on rewards on your online purchases.
Here's a round-up of the current deals from airline shopping portals.
Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping
Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping members can earn 500 bonus miles after spending $200 or more now through July 1, 2020.
- During the “Summer Bonus” offer, which runs from 6/22/20 through 7/1/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET
- Member will receive a one-time bonus of 500 Mileage Plan bonus miles on qualifying purchases made through the Mileage Plan Shopping mall or from purchases made through Mileage Plan Shopping in-store offers.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the Mileage Plan Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan Shopping account.
United MileagePlus Shopping
The United MileagePlus Shopping portal isn't currently offering a reward for spending. However, the MileagePlus Shopping portal is offering bonuses for new members. General United MileagePlus members will earn 500 bonus miles after spending $125 in the next two weeks.
The deal is even better for United MileagePlus Credit Cardholders. Cardholders will earn 1,000 bonus miles after spending $150 in the next two weeks. The terms and conditions don't list which United MileagePlus credit cards are eligible. So, it's likely that all United cards—both current and legacy cards—are eligible. This includes cards like United℠ Explorer Card, United℠ Business Card, and United Club℠ Infinite Card
- These bonuses are only available to new members of the MileagePlus Shopping site
- You'll receive a welcome email from MileagePlus Shopping with the specific expiration date for this Bonus Offer
- Member must login and make the qualifying purchase(s) through the Site during the Bonus Period
- Please allow up to 10 weeks for Bonus Award Miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include product returns or cancellations, gift card purchases, and certain products identified by the individual merchant.
American Airlines eShopping Portal
The American Airlines eShopping portal isn't currently offering a reward for spending. However, it's currently paying higher rates than normal at selected stores, such as:
- Restaurant.com: 20X AAdvantage miles (formerly 7X)
- GrubHub: 10X AAdvantage miles (formerly 2X)
- Backcountry: 7X AAdvantage miles (formerly 5X)
- UnderArmor: 7X AAdvantage miles (formerly 5X)
- HelloFresh: 2,000 AAdvantage miles (formerly 750 miles)
Delta SkyMiles Shopping Portal
The Delta SkyMiles Shopping portal isn't currently offering a reward for spending. However, it's currently paying higher rates than normal at selected stores, such as:
- Macy's: 2X SkyMiles (formerly 1X)
- Backcountry: 5X SkyMiles (formerly 3X)
- Lookfantastic: 5X SkyMiles (formerly 1X)
- Patagonia: 4X SkyMiles (formerly 2X)
- Overnight Prints: 6X SkyMiles (formerly 1X)
Some Thoughts on These Deals
For the Alaska bonus, the 500 bonus miles will be awarded once you reach $200, and you don't get more bonus miles for additional purchases. Thus, you can maximize this deal by keeping your purchases just above $200. While 500 bonus miles isn't enough to earn you a free flight, it's a nice bonus if you're shopping online anyway.
However, the true points maximizer will want to check a site like CashBackMonitor or Evreward to make sure there isn't a better portal bonus for the same retailer. In situations where the total number of bonus points is comparable, earning Membership Rewards through Rakuten (formerly Ebates) may be the highest value option for online purchases.
Another thing to keep in mind is that shopping portals are a great way to prevent your miles from expiring.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.