AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the American Express® Gold Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Air Canada's Aeroplan has recently announced a new partnership with Uber Eats—Uber's food delivery service. And, it's kicking off the partnership with a bang.
Now through June 15, loyalty members can earn 10X Aeroplan miles per dollar spent on Uber Eats purchases, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn. All that's required is for members to click the Uber Eats link in Aeroplan's shopping portal, entering their name and Aeroplan number in the process. Aeroplan will continue to offer a bonus of at least 2X miles for Uber Eats purchases after June 15.
- Offer valid from June 9, 2020 – June 15, 2020
- Aeroplan members will earn 10X miles per dollar spent on Uber Eats (food purchase only, excluding taxes and fees)
- Direct link to offer on Aeroplan's eStore
- No minimum or maximum purchase amount
- Order must be placed within 2 hours of clicking on the Uber Eats offer to be eligible
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for miles to post after purchase
There are a few restrictions on what qualifies and what may prevent you from earning a bonus:
- Offer is not valid with gift cards, canceled orders, or in any combination with other Uber coupons or promotions
- If you visit other sites before completing your purchase or use coupons not provided by eStore, you may not earn Aeroplan Miles on your purchase
- If you disable cookies on your computer, you will not be able to earn Aeroplan Miles, as cookies are used to authenticate you and allocate miles to your account
Step By Step Guide
- Start by navigating to the Uber Eats page in Aeroplan's eStore.
- Click the orange ‘Yes, Shop Now' button.
- Enter your name and Aeroplan number to log in.
- Wait for the Uber Eats website to load, or click the link to launch it manually if it doesn't launch automatically.
- Complete your purchase within 2 hours of clicking through the link.
Maximize Your Purchase
One of the best things about using shopping portals like this is that you can stack your portal earnings with credit card earnings. Since Uber Eats generally codes as a restaurant purchase, make sure you use a credit card that bonuses restaurant purchases to earn even more miles. Some of our favorites include:
- Citi Prestige® Card — 5X points on air travel and at restaurants, 3X points at hotels and on cruise line purchases, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- American Express® Gold Card — 4X points at restaurants worldwide, and 4x at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year, then 1X), plus 3X points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card — 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
The Amex Gold might be your best bet if you're trying to maximize your Aeroplan earnings. Since Membership Rewards is a 1:1 transfer partner with Air Canada Aeroplan, you could effectively earn 14X Aeroplan miles per dollar between the portal bonus and the credit card earnings.
A lot of us have been ordering food delivery a bit more often lately. The ability to earn 10X miles per dollar is definitely enough to sway my decision on which service to use. This offer could also be a great way to generate account activity to keep your Aeroplan miles from expiring.
Are you planning to take advantage of this offer?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.