AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Here are five great deals to earn some extra points with hotel bookings or online shopping. These are limited-time offers, so don't wait!
Earn 6 Lifemiles for Every $1 at Booking.com
Until September 30th, when you use the Avianca Lifemiles and Booking.com partner website, you will get 6 Lifemiles for every $1 spent. Please note that bookings must be completed before the Lifemiles will be received, and it could take up to 10 weeks after your stay for the miles to show up in your account.
There are a few circumstances where proof of booking and stay might be required, so save your receipts, bank statements, etc. Lifemiles won't be received for any cancelled bookings. This deal was launched on August 1st, but isn't retroactive for any bookings made before that date.
To receive your Lifemiles, make very sure to fill in your correct Lifemiles membership number when booking. Booking.com won't be responsible for a missing or incorrect membership number, and you won't be able to get your Lifemiles.
Earn 500 Hyatt Points When You Book on the App
If you're a fan of Hyatt properties, this deal is for you. Until September 30th, anyone booking and completing a stay using the new Hyatt App will receive 500 Hyatt Points on every qualified purchase. Only one booking per property per stay will earn reward points, regardless of how many nights or rooms are booked. You can see more details on the Hyatt website.
Qualifying bookings can be a paid night or a free night award. Reward points will be applied to your account within 4-6 weeks of your booking.
Earn Bonus Miles in the Alaska, United and Southwest Shopping Portals
Alaska, United, and Southwest are offering some nice bonuses in their online shipping portals. The Alaska and United deals apply to “Back to School” purchases specifically, while the Southwest promotion applies to a wider variety of merchants. Bonus Miles are awarded as follows:
Alaska Mileage Plan – Expires August 11, 2019
- Earn 300 bonus miles when you spend $150
- Earn 750 bonus miles when you spend $300
- Earn 1,500 bonus miles when you spend $500
Direct Link: Mileage Plan Shopping Portal
United MileagePlus – Expires August 18, 2019
- Earn 500 bonus miles when you spend $150
- Earn 1,500 bonus miles when you spend $350
- Earn 2,500 bonus miles when you spend $600
Direct Link: MileagePlus Shopping Portal
Southwest Rapid Rewards – Expires August 18, 2019
- Earn 250 bonus miles when you spend $125
- Earn 900 bonus miles when you spend $300
- Earn 2,000 bonus miles when you spend $550
Direct Link: Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal
Thoughts on Bonus Points for Hotel Bookings and Online Shopping
As with all deals, don't forget to compare different programs to ensure you're getting the best deal. The above are only given as suggested ideas and not as guaranteed best options.
- Earn up to 100,000 after qualifying purchases.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Plus, 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $25,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months your account is open
- Earn 2 miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases. And 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Free checked bag - save up to $120 per roundtrip (terms apply)
- Two one-time United Club℠ passes each year - Over $100 in value per year
- Employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account. Plus, you can set individual spending limits for each card.
- 2X miles per $1 on United purchases
- 2X miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores
- 1X mile per $1 on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.