AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Marriott has teamed up with Uber to — once again — offer members 1,000 bonus points when you link your Uber account to Marriott and complete a qualifying ride. This promotion is valid until October 5, 2022 and is quite simple to take advantage of.
If this promotion sounds familiar, there's a reason. Uber and Marriott originally launched a similar promotion in 2021, offered it again in early 2022, and is now back for another round.
1,000 Bonus Marriott Points Promotion for One Uber Ride
The old Starwood Preferred Guest program partnered with Uber before Marriott acquired Starwood Hotels in 2019. In 2021, Marriott partnered with Uber and offered members 1,000 bonus points when you linked your account and made a qualifying ride. This promotion has now returned through October 5, 2022.
This offer is valid for all Marriott Bonvoy members who've linked their Marriott Bonvoy and Uber accounts — even if you've gotten a similar promotion in the past. However, there are limitations to which transactions qualify for the promotion.
Terms and Conditions
- Must complete a qualifying ride between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on September 21, 2022, and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 5, 2022
- Qualifying transactions in this promotion are limited to: a ride taken with UberXL, Uber Black, Uber SUV, or Uber Comfort
- Only rides within the United States qualify.
- Bonus points will post to your Marriott Bonvoy account within 4-6 weeks of completing your qualifying Uber ride.
Based on recent AwardWallet user redemptions, the bonus from this promotion is worth approximately $10.
How to Link Accounts
Linking your Marriott Bonvoy and Uber accounts is quite simple. Simply open the Uber app, go to settings, and scroll down to where it says Marriott Bonvoy. Tap on that, tap “link account”, and sign in to your Marriott Bonvoy account with your membership number or email. Then, wait for confirmation that your accounts are linked. Once your accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber Eats orders and premium rides with Uber.
Earning Marriott Points Through Uber
You can earn quite a few Marriott Bonvoy points when using your Uber app, especially when it comes to Uber Eats orders delivered to a Marriott hotel. Here are the earning rates:
- 3 points per dollar spent on premium Uber rides (Uber XL, Uber Black, Uber SUV or Uber Comfort).
- 6 points per dollar spent on Uber Eats when delivering to any hotel within the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio. Orders are subject to a minimum charge, as mentioned above.
- 2 points per dollar spent on all other Uber Eats orders of $25 or more (orders not to a Marriott hotel).
It's nice to see Marriott offering bonus points for activities many travelers use anyways — like taking an Uber. While this bonus points offer isn't triggered by Uber Eats orders, you can still earn up to 6x points per dollar spent on Uber Eats orders that are delivered to a Marriott hotel (which is interesting, as it promotes ordering from an outside source, rather than the hotel's restaurant/in-room dining).
1,000 bonus points are always nice for such a small transaction. Recent redemption data shows Marriott Bonvoy points are worth 1 cent each, so that's effectively $10 back on your Uber transaction after linking your accounts.
Several hotel and airline rewards programs have teamed up with different rideshare and food delivery apps. So, make sure you're using the right one to maximize your points.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.