AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Unlike many other programs, Delta SkyMiles do not expire as long as you have an account with Delta. However, Delta does reserve the right to terminate your account if:
- There is fraudulent activity on the account
- You request the closure of the account
- The member passes away
- You do not respond to repeated communication attempts regarding the status of your account
- You live in or relocate to a country where membership is prohibited by law
- You violate the terms of the Membership Guide and Program Rules
There are many ways to Earn Delta SkyMiles. You can earn miles the obvious way by flying but also everything from car rentals, hotel stays and even dining out. Here are some of the ways you can earn additional SkyMiles.
The first and most obvious way to earn SkyMiles with Delta is through credit card spend, which include:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
The nice thing about all of these cards is that you'll have access to additional perks including free checked bags and priority boarding.
You can also transfer American Express Membership Rewards to your Delta account at a ratio of 1:1; a great way to rack up some serious miles for everyday spending.
Delta has partnerships with many of the big hotel chains from Accor to Hilton and IHG; the earning rates are not uniform and vary for each hotel group. that lets you earn additional Starpoints and SkyMiles.
Shopping and Dining
If you like dining out or shopping, you can pick up extra SkyMiles through shopping via Delta’s shopping portal, or even going out for dinner at restaurants that participate in Delta’s Dining Rewards network.
Delta has partnerships with almost every major car rental company out there. Why not pick up some bonus miles the next time you hire a car? As a bonus, if you are a Medallion Gold (or higher) Member you also can pick up SIXT Platinum status with all the other benefits that entails. Gold (or higher) Medallions also receive status with Hertz.
Next time you plan on taking a packaged vacation, have a look at the Delta vacations packages. You can find every type of option from budget trips to luxury villa rentals, and for every dollar you spend you will also be earning SkyMiles.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.