AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Discover has announced its 5% cashback calendar for 2020. Each quarter, holders of the Discover® More® Card and the Discover it® Cash Back can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 of purchases at select merchants.
To earn the bonus 5% cash back, cardholders must activate the bonus categories at the start of each quarter. Unlike the Chase Freedom®, which allows you to register later in the quarter and retroactively receive the 5% on purchases for the entire quarter, Discover only awards the bonus on purchases made after you activate the bonus categories.
Merchants that feature on the Discover 2020 5% earning calendar include Lyft, Uber, Amazon.com, Gas stations, restaurants, and PayPal.
2020 5% Cash back Calendar
Q1: Grocery Stores, Walgreens, and CVS from January to March 2020 – Activation now open.
Q2: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft, and Wholesales Clubs from April to June 2020 -Activation Opens February 1, 2020.
Q3: Restaurants and Paypal from July to September 2020 – Activation opens May 1, 2020.
Q4: Amazon.com, Target.com, and Walmart.com from October to December 2020 – Activation opens August 1, 2020.
Discover 5% Cash Back Overview
- Each quarter earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 of purchases (max $75 cash back), earn 1% thereafter.
- You need to register each quarter to activate your 5% cashback.
- The offer is only open to holders of the Discover® More® Card and the Discover it® Cash Back.
- Purchases made using tap and pay, wireless card readers, mobile payments, or virtual wallets may not be eligible for the bonus cashback.
- The restaurant category includes cafes, cafeterias, and fast food locations, and online delivery.
- Allow up to two billing cycles for the bonus to post to your account.
The 5% bonus is arguably the primary reason for holding these cards. If you hold an eligible card, you are missing out on serious returns by not registering. Cashback fans can increase their earning with the Chase Freedom® card, which also features rotating 5% bonus categories. Combining both means you can be earning 5% cashback on up to $3,000 per quarter.
Source: Frequent Miler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.