AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Chase Freedom® are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Activation of the 5% bonus categories for 2021 Q2 is now open for the Chase Freedom Flex℠ and Chase Freedom®. From April 1 through June 30, 2021, Freedom Flex and Freedom Card cardholders can earn 5% cashback on the first $1,500 of purchases at gas stations and home improvement stores.
Cardholders can earn a total of $75 cash back—or 7,500 Ultimate Rewards points—maxing out spending this quarter. However, to get any bonus earnings, you'll need to activate the offer by June 14, 2021.
- You need to activate your bonus by June 14, 2021.
- Earn 5% cashback on the first $1,500 in purchases at qualifying merchants, earn 1% after that.
- This quarter the bonus categories are:
- Gas stations
- Home improvement stores
- Purchases that post to your account between April 1 and June 30, 2021, are eligible for the bonus.
One thing to remember is that as long as you activate your bonus by June 14, 2021. You will earn the cashback for the whole promotion duration. So even if you were to register on June 13, you would still earn the 5% back on your purchases as far back as April 1, 2021.
Don't forget that Q1 earnings are still open! If you completed registration by March 14, 2021, you can still earn 5% cashback on purchases through March 30. The Q1 2021 bonus categories are wholesale clubs; internet, cable & phone services; and select streaming services.
Maximize Your Value with a Premium Card
The best way to leverage the points earned from your Freedom Flex or Freedom Card is by combining them with a premium Ultimate Rewards-earning card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
The way this works is straightforward. If you only hold the Freedom Flex or Freedom Card, you can only redeem your earnings at a value of 1 cent per point.
However, if you hold a premium card, you can transfer your Freedom Flex or Freedom Card earnings to the premium card. Then, you can redeem these points through the Chase Travel Portal or the Chase Pay Yourself Back tool at either a 25% or 50% bonus, depending on which card you have. Moving points to a premium card also opens up the option of transferring these points to a Chase travel partner where you can get even more value for your points.
You can maximize the earning potential on the Freedom Flex or Freedom Card by just spending $500 per month. If you do, you'll earn $300 cashback—or 30,000 Ultimate Rewards points—each year.
If you hold the Freedom Flex or the Freedom Card, then activating your bonus is a must-do. The 5% rotating bonus is one of the main features of these cards and where it delivers excellent value.
So, take a couple of seconds and register for your bonus now! Then set a reminder for April 1, 2021 to put your Freedom Flex and/or Freedom Card in your wallet for use at gas stations and home improvement stores.
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- Earn 5% on up to $1,500 on combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- Earn 3% on drugstore purchases
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.