AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Chase Freedom® are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Activation of the 5% bonus categories for Q4 is now open for the Chase Freedom Flex℠ and Chase Freedom®. From October 1 through December 31, 2020, Freedom Flex and Freedom Card cardholders can earn 5% cashback on the first $1,500 of purchases at Walmart and through PayPal.
Cardholders can earn a total of $75 cash back—or 7,500 Ultimate Rewards points—maxing out spending this quarter. However, in order to get any bonus earnings, you'll need to activate the offer by December 14, 2020.
- You need to activate your bonus by December 14, 2020.
- Earn 5% cashback on the first $1,500 in purchases at qualifying merchants, earn 1% after that.
- This quarter the bonus categories are Walmart and PayPal.
- Purchases that post to your account between October 1 and December 31, 2020, are eligible for the bonus.
One thing to remember is that as long as you activate your bonus by December 14, 2020. You will earn the cashback for the whole promotion duration. So even if you were to register on December 13, you would still earn the 5% back on your purchases as far back as October 1, 2020.
Maximize Your Value with a Premium Card
The best way to leverage the points earned from your Freedom Flex or Freedom Card is by combining them with a premium Ultimate Rewards-earning card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
The way this works is straightforward. If you only hold the Freedom Flex or Freedom Card, you can only redeem your earnings at a value of 1 cent per point.
However, if you hold a premium card, you can transfer your Freedom Flex or Freedom Card earnings to the premium card. Then, you can redeem these points through the Chase Travel Portal at either a 25% or 50% bonus, depending on which card you have. Moving points to a premium card also opens up the option of transferring these points to a Chase travel partner where you can get even more value for your points.
You can maximize the earning potential on the Freedom Flex or Freedom Card by just spending $500 per month. If you do, you'll earn $300 cash back—or 30,000 Ultimate Rewards points—each year.
If you hold the Freedom Flex or the Freedom Card, then activating your bonus is a must-do. The 5% rotating bonus is one of the main features of these cards and where it delivers excellent value.
The choice of Walmart is especially interesting for this quarter. New Freedom Flex cardholders earn 5% cashback (or 5X points) on the first $12,000 in grocery store purchases in the first year holding the card. However, Chase specifically excludes Walmart and Target purchases from this earning rate. So, this quarterly bonus opens up the ability to earn 5% cashback on your grocery spending this quarter—whether you shop at Walmart or a local grocery store.
So, take a couple of seconds and register for your bonus now! And then set your Freedom Flex and/or Freedom Card out for use at Walmart and through PayPal starting October 1, 2020.
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- Earn 5% on up to $1,500 on combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- Earn 3% on drugstore purchases
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.