AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
No, from April 10, 2023, Aeromexico Rewards points do not expire. Per the terms and conditions:
“Starting on April 10th, 2023, Aeromexico Rewards points (previously known as “Premier Points”) accumulated in each Aeromexico Rewards account will no longer expire, so they will have an indefinite validity.”
If the name s sounds unusual, that is because Aeromexio rebranded its loyalty program on the same day. Now, Aeromexico Club Premier is the Aeromexico Rewards program.
How to Earn Aeromexico Rewards Points
Because your Aeromexico points don't expire, you can focus on earning them without losing some along the way. You can earn Aeromexico Rewards points in all of the following ways:
- Taking a flight with Aeromexico.
- Taking a flight with partner airlines, including SkyTeam members (Delta, Air France, etc.), and others (including LATAM, Copa, and GOL) and crediting that flight to Aeroimexio Rewards.
- Earn points for your next stay at many hotel brands, including Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and more.
- Book hotels through hotels en Linea.
- Rent a car from Hertz or Firefly.
- Shop with a host of retail partners. Be aware that some of these partnerships are only in Mexico.
- Take a survey.
Reinstating Expired Aeromexico Premier Points
If some of your Aeromexico Rewards points expired before the change (since Club Premier points expired in the past), you can reinstate them for a fee. However, this is not an open-ended option, and you can only reinstate points that have expired in the last 12 months.
Reinstating your points isn't cheap, costing $5 per 1,000 points. Plus, there's an additional 400 pesos (~$23) administration fee. Whether it is worthwhile to reinstate your points depends on what you want to do with them. For instance, paying $500 to reinstate 100,000 points and then booking an award that's worth several thousand dollars can be a good deal.
Boosting Your Premier Points Balance
If you need to boost your Aermexico Rewards points balance quickly for redemption, you have several options. Fortunately, you can transfer points from several flexible points currencies. You can transfer all of the following points to Aeromexico Rewards:
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1:1.6 transfer ratio; most transfers process immediately
- Brex Cash: 3:2 transfer ratio; transfers should process immediately
- Capital One Venture Miles: 1:1 transfer ratio; most transfers process immediately
- Citi ThankYou Points: 1:1 transfer ratio; transfers can take up to six days
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3:1 transfer ratio, plus a 5,000-point bonus for transferring 60,000+ Bonvoy points; transfers can take up to four days
Any of the credit cards earning these types of points can effectively earn Aeromexico Rewards points. Membership Rewards is the standout transfer partner here, offering the best value.
The fact that Aeromexco Rewards points don't expire is about as good as it gets. You don't have to worry about staying on top of your balance. Instead, you can focus on building up a healthy points balance and redeeming it for the best value possible.
Also, with Aermexcio reducing its award pricing, its already great sweet spots and redemption options should get even better.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.