AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
You can now earn 60,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points for opening or upgrading to a Chase Sapphire Banking account. To earn the bonus, you will need to deposit $75,000 of new money into the Chase Sapphire account and maintain it for at least 90 days. This promotion is open to both account upgrades and new accounts; however, it is not available to current Chase Sapphire Banking and Chase Private Client customers.
- Promotion is valid through January 11, 2019
- Promotion is valid for new account openings, and for upgrades from current accounts
- Earn a 60,000 Ultimate Rewards bonus when you maintain a balance of $75,000 of “New Money” for at least 90 days
- The money must be “New Money” and cannot be funds or securities held by Chase or its affiliates
- The money can be deposited into a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts
- The offer does not apply to insurance products; fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts including but not limited to Traditional and Roth IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401(k) Plans
- You need to maintain a $75,000 balance for at least 90 days from the date of funding, irrespective of any losses or gains due to trading or market fluctuation
- You need to fund your account(s) within 45 days of opening/upgrade
- To qualify for the offer, you must have a Chase Sapphire or Chase Freedom credit card that is open and not in default at the time of enrolment and at points fulfillment
- Offer not available to existing Chase Sapphire Banking and Chase Private Client customers
- There is a monthly service of $25 for Chase Sapphire accounts that is waived if you maintain a balance of $75,000
If you have $75,000 lying around in an account and can move them easily then this offer can make a lot of sense. One thing to remember with the promotion is that your balance cannot dip below $75,000. So, if you invest in an account that can suffer losses, you would need to transfer a little more than $75,000 to ensure that the balance is maintained.
Obviously, 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points is an attractive bonus; you will have to crunch the numbers and compare what your money is currently earning, and whether it is worth more or less than the value of 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
Source: Frequent Miler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.