AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Emirates Skywards announced its latest promotion giving you the opportunity to earn a mile for every minute you spend in Dubai. This generous promotion is to celebrate the Dubai 2020 Expo and the 50th anniversary of the country. The promotion is valid for stays in Dubai from October 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022.
- Earn one mile per minute for every minute you spend in Dubai from October 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022.
- You need to register for the promotion by March 31, 2022.
- You can register online, by phone, or through the Emirates App.
- Must be flying on an eligible Emirates ticket (EK prefix) — operated by Emirates or FlyDubai
- Must be flying on an eligible fare (includes “Special,” “Saver,” “Flex,” or “Flex Plus in economy, business, or first).
- You can only earn miles with the promotion once.
- Minimum of 24-hours stay in Dubai to earn bonus miles.
- The maximum number of miles you can earn with the promotion is 5,000.
Maximizing Your Earning
Unfortunately, Emirates has capped the earning with this promotion at 5,000 miles — which is disappointing. A couple of weeks by the beach in Dubai would have been a fantastic way to pick up over 20,000 miles.
That being said, with a cap of 5,000 miles working out at around 3.5 days approximately. That makes the promotion perfect for a long weekend gateway — if you are based in Europe — or a long stopover as part of a longer journey.
Remember, you don't always have to redeem your miles for Emirates flights. In fact, you can even now redeem Skywards miles for JetBlue Mint. An award from JFK to London Heathrow on JetBlue Mint will set you back a reasonable 64,000 miles one-way!
Also, you don't have to fly Emirates — or stay in Dubai — to earn Skywards miles. Emirates is a partner of all of the major points currencies:
- American Express Membership Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio)
- Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio)
- Citi ThankYou Points (1:1 transfer ratio)
- Capital One Venture Miles (2:1 transfer ratio)
- Marriott Bonvoy (3:1 transfer ratio)
Earning 5,000 miles while you shop and explore Dubai is as good as it gets when it comes to promotions. There are some excellent uses for Emirates Skywards miles, and this promotion is a great opportunity to boost your points balance for minimal effort.
If you are planning on taking a long trip with connections, keep Emirates and this promotion at the back of your mind. In the meantime, you may as well register for this promotion since it takes no time at all, and you'll be all set to earn miles for your next trip!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.