AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Now might be the perfect time to match your hotel elite status to Hilton Honors. Hilton just extended its status match for another year. Elite members of other hotel loyalty programs can match their elite status to Hilton Honors. After completing the challenge, you can keep your status through March 31, 2025, by staying as few as 8 nights in 90 days.
It's pretty standard for Hilton to offer a status match. While the requirements have been ever-so-slightly increased for this year, the requirements are still significantly lower than what's otherwise needed to reach elite status.
How To Match Your Elite Status to Hilton
You need to visit the Hilton Status Match page, log in to your Hilton Honors account, and supply the following information:
- The loyalty program you are matching from and your status level.
- Proof of status (image or screenshot of your card or account details).
- Proof of a recent stay within the last 24 months (image of a hotel receipt or activity on your account).
Once you have submitted your information, Hilton will match you for an initial period of 90 days. Allow 7 to 12 business days for Hilton to process your request. During the initial 90 days, you need to complete the following stays to retain your status through March 31, 2025:
- To retain Gold, you need to complete 8 stays.
- To retain Diamond, you need to complete 14 stays.
Unfortunately, those nights must be paid nights — not reward stays. Hilton addresses this directly in its terms and conditions:
Do Reward Stays count toward achieving the night requirements?
No, Reward Stays do not count toward achieving the Status Match requirements.
It's worth noting that you can only status match once per lifetime on your Hilton Honors account. Don't sign up if you think you won't meet the requirements. Save it for another time.
Which Programs You Can Match From
Hilton members can match their elite status from at least five hotel loyalty programs:
- Marriott Bonvoy
- “IHG Rewards Club” (which has been officially renamed as IHG One Rewards)
- World of Hyatt
- Best Western Rewards
- Choice Privileges
There's also an option for “Other”. So, if you have elite status with another hotel program, you can still try to match that status to Hilton.
Hilton Honors Diamond Status Benefits
There's a bunch of reasons to love Hilton's top-tier Diamond elite status. These include:
- 100% elite status bonus: Diamond elite members automatically receive a 100% bonus on the Honors base points earned from stays.
- 48-hour room guarantee: If you need a room at the last minute, Hilton will make it happen if you give at least a 48-hour heads up — with some exceptions
- Executive lounge access: Focus or unwind and enjoy exclusive amenities in our quiet retreat.
- 5th night free: Silver, Gold, and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more.
- Space-available room upgrades: If there's a better room available, Diamond elite members will get it — up to a 1-bedroom suite.
4 Reasons to Utilize This Hilton Status Match
While the ability to get elite status for free is interesting, it's worth asking “why” — especially if you are not a Hilton regular. Here's why.
- For 2023, Hilton requires members to stay 60 nights to earn Hilton Honors Diamond status. That typically requires thousands of dollars to achieve. Instead, through this Hilton status match, you can stay just 14 nights to secure Diamond all the way through March 31, 2025.
- Hilton Honors offers some great perks, which we list below. A few of the highlights include receiving your 5th night free on award stays, getting a 48-hour room guarantee, and who doesn't love getting complimentary breakfast?
- If you are looking for a boost at collecting Hilton Honors points, the 100% elite status bonus significantly raises your points-earning ability for a better return on your spending.
- It costs nothing but your time.
More Options For Hilton Honors Status
If your travel plans don't line up, and you won't be able to complete the challenge, all is not lost. There are still some other options if you want Hilton Honors elite status. You can still receive complimentary Hilton status via credit card.
If you want to shoot straight to the top, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card comes with complimentary Hilton Diamond status. And, Gold status is complimentary with the following credit cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
Status matches can be a great way to easily get perks with another hotel or airline program. Leveraging status with one organization for elite status with another is one of the most efficient ways to get status. Even if you are not the biggest Hilton aficionado, this promotion is worth considering.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.