AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Hilton extended its status match promotion once again. Elite members of 8 other hotel loyalty programs can match their elite status to Hilton Honors. Then you can keep that status through March 31, 2023 by staying as few as 5 nights.
It's pretty standard for Hilton to offer a status match. But, what's special about this promotion is that the requirements to keep your status have been slashed in half from what's typically required.
How To Match Your Status
You need to visit the Hilton Status Match page and supply the following information:
- Your name and email address
- Your Hilton Honors number
- The loyalty program you are matching from and your status level
- Proof of status (image or screenshot of your card or account details)
- Proof of a stay within the last 12 months (image of a hotel receipt or activity on your account)
Once you have submitted your information, Hilton will match you for an initial period of 90 days. During the 90 days, you need to complete the following stays to retain your status through March 31, 2023:
- To retain Gold, you need to complete 5 stays.
- To retain Diamond, you need to complete 9 stays.
Which Programs You Can Match From
Hilton members can match their elite status from at least 8 hotel loyalty programs:
- Marriott Bonvoy
- IHG Rewards Club
- World of Hyatt
- Best Western Rewards
- Choice Privileges
- Le Club Accor Hotels
- Radisson Rewards
- Wyndham Rewards
There's also an option for “Other”. So, if you have elite status with another hotel program, you can still try to match that status to Hilton.
4 Reasons to Utilize This Hilton Status Match
While the ability to get elite status for free is interesting, it's worth asking “why” — especially if you are not a Hilton regular. Here's why.
- For 2021, Hilton requires members to stay 30 nights to earn Hilton Honors Diamond status. That typically requires thousands of dollars to achieve. But, through this Hilton status match, you can stay just 9 nights to secure Diamond all the way through March 31, 2023.
- Hilton Honors offers some great perks — which we list below. A few of the highlights include receiving your 5th night free on award stays, getting a 48-hour room guarantee, and who doesn't love getting complimentary breakfast.
- If you are looking for a cracking start at collecting Honors rewards points, the elite status bonus raises your points earning ability significantly for a better return on your spend.
- It costs nothing but your time.
Hilton Honors Diamond Status Benefits
There's a bunch of reasons to love Hilton's top-tier Diamond elite status. These include:
- 100% elite status bonus: Diamond elite members automatically receive a 100% bonus on the Honors base points earned from stays.
- 48-hour room guarantee: If you need a room at the last minute, Hilton will make it happen if you give at least a 48-hour heads up — with some exceptions
- Executive lounge access: Focus or unwind and enjoy exclusive amenities in our quiet retreat.
- 5th-night free: Silver, Gold, and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more.
- Space-available room upgrades: If there's a better room available, Diamond elite members will get it — up to a 1-bedroom suite.
More Options For Hilton Honors Status
If your travel plans don't line up, and you won't be able to complete the challenge, all is not lost. There are still some other options if you want Hilton Honors elite status. You can still receive complimentary Hilton status via credit card.
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card comes with Complimentary Hilton Diamond status.
And, Gold status is complimentary with the following credit cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Status matches can be a great way to easily get perks with another hotel or airline program. Leveraging status with one organization for elite status with another is one of the most efficient ways to get status. So even if you are not the biggest Hilton aficionado, this promotion is worth considering. It may only be valuable for a couple of stays, but who knows what the next couple of years might bring.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.