AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Once again, British Airways Executive Club members can earn 25% bonus Avios when converting their hotel points from participating hotel brands. We've seen a similar offer multiple times in the past. However, it's usually been a 30-35% transfer bonus.
25% Bonus Avios Deal
Until April 25, 2022, you can earn an additional 25% Avios when you convert your hotel points. The hotels participating in this promotion are:
IHG Rewards Club Conversion
- You can convert 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points to 2,000 Avios normally.
- With this deal, you'll get 2,500 Avios for 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
- You must convert a minimum of 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
- Click this link to convert your IHG Rewards Club points.
Marriott Bonvoy Conversion
- You can convert 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to 1,000 Avios normally.
- With this deal, you'll get 1,250 Avios for 3,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
- Convert at least 60,000 Bonvoy points to get a 5,000-Avios bonus. After factoring in the 25% transfer bonus, you'll end up with 31,250 Avios for every 60,000 Bonvoy points transferred.
- You must convert a minimum of 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Click this link to convert your Marriot Bonvoy points.
Radisson Rewards & Radisson Rewards Americas Conversion
- British Airways usually overs a 10:1 ratio when converting Radisson Rewards points to Avios. So 2,000 points gets you 200 Avios.
- With this deal, the ratio is 10:1.25, so you'll get 250 points when converting 2,000 Radisson Rewards points.
- You must convert a minimum of 2,000 Radisson Rewards points.
- Click this link to convert your Radisson Rewards points.
World of Hyatt Conversion
- Typically, World of Hyatt points transfer to British Airways Avios at a rate of 5:2.
- However, you'll get 5,000 bonus Avios for transferring 50,000 World of Hyatt points. That means you typically get 25,000 Avios for transferring 50,000 World of Hyatt points.
- With this transfer bonus, you'll transfer smaller amounts of points at 2:1.
- Transfers of 50,000 World of Hyatt points will net 31,250 Avios.
- Click this link to convert your World of Hyatt points.
Key Terms and Conditions
- You must enroll as a British Airways Executive Club member before making a conversion.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion.
- Once a transaction has completed, it is non-reversible.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
British Airways Expiration Policy
British Airways Avios do expire! However, this only happens after 36 months of no account activity. According to the British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions, activity is defined as collecting, spending, purchasing, or sharing at least one Avios during that time frame.
Thankfully, you can transfer points from transfer partners if you are looking to avoid expiration or even top off your account. Marriott Bonvoy has a 3:1 transfer ratio with a 5,000-Avios bonus for transferring at least 60,000 Bonvoy points. In addition, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Iberia Plus, Aer Lingus AerClub, and American Express Membership Rewards all have a 1:1 transfer ratio. You can also avoid expiration by transferring up to 27,000 Avios to one member with a maximum of 162,000 per year.
A lot of other airlines have expiration policies ranging from 12-24 months. In comparison, British Airways has one of the best expiration policies due to the 36 months. Still, make sure that you are keeping up with your account activity to avoid your balance expiring.
Currently, this hotel points transfer bonus is just one of multiple transfer bonuses available to the British Airways Executive Club. You can also get a 40% bonus for transferring Amex Membership Rewards to British Airways now through May 15, 2022.
It's frustrating that Hilton Honors, ALL Rewards, Best Western Hotels, and Melia Rewards have all been excluded from this promotion. You can still convert your hotel points from each of those brands with different conversion ratios, but you won't get the 25% bonus Avios.
If you have a flight coming up that you want to use Avios points for, then this would be a good opportunity to convert. A 25% bonus definitely helps retain more value with these conversions, but it's still not going to make sense for everyone.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.