AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Once again, British Airways Executive Club members can earn 30% bonus Avios when converting their hotel points from participating hotel brands. We've seen a similar offer multiple times in the past. However, it's usually been a 35% transfer bonus, and there are typically 6-7 eligible hotel programs.
Interestingly, both the bonus (30%) and the timing (December 9, 2020) match the recently-announced transfer bonus from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Avios. So, it's possible that this bonus could be extended to other loyalty programs.
30% Bonus Avios Deal
Until December 9, 2020, you can earn an additional 30% Avios when you convert your hotel points. The hotels participating in this promotion are:
IHG Rewards Club Conversion
- You can convert 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points to 2,000 Avios normally.
- With this deal, you'll get 2,600 Avios for 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
- You must convert a minimum of 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
- Click this link to convert your IHG Rewards Club points.
Radisson Rewards Conversion
- British Airways usually overs a 10:1 ratio when converting Radisson Rewards points to Avios. So 2,000 points gets you 200 Avios.
- With this deal, the ratio is 10:1.3, so you'll get 260 points when converting 2,000 Radisson Rewards points.
- You must convert a minimum of 2,000 Radisson Rewards points.
- Click this link to convert your Radisson Rewards points.
Key Terms and Conditions
- You must enroll as a British Airways Executive Club member before making a conversion.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion.
- Once a transaction has completed, it is non-reversible.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
It's strange that Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, World of Hyatt, ALL Rewards, Best Western Hotels, and Melia Rewards have all been excluded from this promotion. You can still convert your hotel points from each of those brands with different conversion ratios, but you won't get the 30% bonus Avios.
With travel in its current state, perhaps it's better to hold onto your hotel points at this time. Then again, if you have a flight coming up that you want to use Avios points for, then this would be a good opportunity to convert. A 30% bonus definitely helps retain more value with these conversions, but it's still not going to make sense for everyone.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.