AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Chase has launched an all-time high offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, announcing an increased 80,000 point bonus after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This card is a longtime AwardWallet favorite because it earns valuable Ultimate Rewards points and comes with some great benefits. With this all-time-best bonus, now is the perfect time to apply if you don't already have it in your wallet.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
Sapphire Preferred Highlights and Key Benefits
Beyond the signup bonus, the Sapphire Preferred card offers great everyday perks. Cardholders earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. Plus, you can take advantage of some of the best perks and protection benefits of any card in its price range.
Sapphire Preferred highlights and benefits include:
- Huge 80,000 point signup bonus worth $1,000 towards travel via the Chase Travel Portal
- Combine points across all your Ultimate Rewards earning cards
- Transfer points to 13 airline and hotel partners
- Primary CDW insurance on car rentals worldwide
- Trip delay reimbursement up to $300 for delays 12+ hours
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance up to $10K per covered trip
- Lost luggage reimbursement and baggage delay coverage
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- $95 annual fee
Other benefits include no foreign transaction fees, smart chip technology, and a dedicated customer service line for cardholders.
Maximize the Value of Ultimate Rewards Points
Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable and flexible rewards points you can earn, transferring to 13 different airline and hotel partners, including Hyatt, United, Singapore Airlines, and British Airways.
If you don't want the hassle of transferring points to partners and searching for award space, you can redeem points earned with the Sapphire Preferred for a fixed-value of 1.25¢ per point through the Chase Travel Portal.
Cardholders can also combine points earned across their entire portfolio of Ultimate Rewards cards into a single account, making it easy to accumulate enough points for your next redemption.
Chase's latest release, the Chase Freedom Flex℠, is a perfect companion to the Sapphire Preferred. This no-annual-fee card earns up to 5x Ultimate Rewards points across a wide array of popular shopping categories.
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- Earn 5% on up to $1,500 on combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- Earn 3% on drugstore purchases
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
Chase enforces multiple restrictions on rewards credit card applications. The first is a published application rule stating you can’t get the Sapphire Preferred if you currently hold a Sapphire card or have received a signup bonus for one in the previous 48 months.
“The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months…”
Chase cards are also subject to a second, unpublished rule known as the 5/24 policy. If you’ve been approved for five or more personal credit cards in the previous 24 months, you won’t be approved for this card.
Widely considered one of the top travel rewards credit cards because of its great benefits and the value of Ultimate Rewards points, the Sapphire Preferred is one of the best cards to have in your wallet. The increased offer of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points is the highest we've ever seen on this card. If you're eligible, now is the perfect time to apply.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.