AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Dining programs are a great way to earn additional points when you eat out. For a limited time, the Eat Around Town dining promotion from Marriott Bonvoy is offering 8X points on select restaurants, plus 1,000 bonus points when you spend $30 within 30 days of registering. The promotion ends on November 11, 2019.
What is a Dining Program?
Many of the top airline and hotel programs offer additional points when you dine at an eligible restaurant and pay with a credit card you link to the dining program. This strategy is often called “double-dipping” because you get extra points from the dining program on top of the points you already earn (from the bank) when you pay with a card that earns more than one point per dollar at restaurants.
You can learn more about which card to use for dining in our dedicated post: Best Rewards Cards for Dining & Restaurants . Whether you choose one of the cards mentioned in our post or one of the many co-branded Marriott Bonvoy cards, opportunities await!
How to Register for the Marriott Dining Program
Simply select your card(s) of choice and link them to Marriott Bonvoy's Eat Around Town program. For a limited time you can earn (8X), which is TWICE as many points! Plus, if you are new to the program, you can earn an additional 1,000 points for making one $30 purchase within the first 30 days of registering! This includes tax and tip.
To be eligible, you must be enrolled in the Marriott Bonvoy program and Eat Around Town by Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Please visit www.MarriottBonvoy.com to enroll in Marriott Bonvoy and to enroll in the Eat Around Town program. Effective 10/2/19, for a limited time up to 11/11/19, all registered Marriott Bonvoy members will receive 8 Marriott Bonvoy Points for each eligible USD$1 spent. Effective 11/12/19, Marriott Bonvoy members will receive 4 Marriott Bonvoy Points for each eligible USD$1 spent.
Any member holding Elite status (Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium, or Ambassador) will earn 6X points (50% percent more) after November 12th.
Cards Offering Complimentary Status
As a Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cardholder, you will automatically qualify for the 50% bonus after the 8X promo expires, since each card offers 15 Elite Night credits. This automatically provides cardholders with Silver Elite status.
- Limited Time Offer! Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- An additional Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 6X points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X points everywhere else
Co-branded Marriott Bonvoy cards from Chase and American Express aren't the only way to pick up status. Select premium products such as the The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express cards also provide Gold Elite status. (Terms Apply)
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 5X points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, and on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
Is it Possible to Stack Dining Programs?
If you are already registered for one of the many airline/hotel dining programs and had hopes of turning this into a triple-stacking opportunity earning miles and points across a multitude of programs, that won’t work. Since most of the dining programs are operated by Rewards Network℠, you’ll have to select the one that is most beneficial for you. Otherwise, the program most recently added will cancel older additions. Trust me, I tried!
We're so happy you've been enjoying dining with us. We noticed that you recently moved a credit or debit card to another dining program. Each card can only be registered in one dining program, so you will no longer be earning MileagePlus® award miles with that card.
That doesn't prevent you from using other cashback services such as Dosh. I've found that some of the restaurants associated with Rewards Network℠ will also earn cashback from Dosh!
I've already knocked out my first purchase and received the 8X bonus earnings. However, the 1,000 bonus points have yet to post. I plan to ride the offer out through its duration. However, I will probably change back to United after the bonus offer expires. United continues to offer the greatest selection of domestic flights for me, so I will be closely monitoring the value of MileagePlus miles. Once United fully switches to dynamic pricing on November 15, 2019, I'll have a better idea as to whether I'll want to keep earning 6X Marriott Bonvoy points, switch back to MileagePlus, or convert to Alaska Mileage Plan or Rakuten. Which would you choose?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.