AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Dining rewards programs are a great way of double-dipping when you dine out. Marriott's Eat Around Town program is making dining out especially rewarding this month, thanks to new promotions for both new and existing members.
Marriott Bonvoy members will earn 8 points per dollar spent in the month of October 2023 — plus an additional 1,000 bonus points after every ten dines until the end of 2023. New members can also earn up to 6,000 bonus points when enrolling in a new Eat Around Town account and completing three qualifying dines. All of this is in addition to the points and miles you'll earn from your credit card.
These are great ways to earn points while getting out of the house — or ordering in if you prefer!
Marriott Eat Around Town Member Promotions
There are currently two promotions running for existing members. For these promotions, qualifying dines require that you spend $30 or more (including tax and tip) each time. Valid for U.S. members only.
Earn 8 Points per Dollar Spent Promotion
Marriott Bonvoy Eat Around Town members normally get 4-6 points per dollar spent. Regular members get 4 points per dollar, and Bonvoy elite status members get 6 points per dollar spent.
For the month of October 2023, all members will automatically earn 8 points per dollar spent. No registration is necessary for this promotion as long as you're already a member of Marriott Eat Around Town. Simply search for and book your restaurants from the 16,000+ available merchants in the promotion, and pay with your linked card.
Earn 1,000 bonus points after 10 dines promotion
You can also receive 1,000 bonus points every 10 times you dine through December 31, 2023. There's no limit to how many times you can claim your 1,000 bonus points, and the promotion has been extended to the end of 2023 from its original expiration date of June 30, 2022.
Marriott Eat Around Town Promotion for New Members
New members who join Marriott's Eat Around Town program before December 31, 2023 can receive the following bonuses each time they spend $30 or more (including tax and tip) on a dining experience within 60 days of joining and completing a review within 30 days:
- Receive 1,000 bonus points on your first dine.
- Receive 2,000 bonus points on your second dine.
- Finally, receive 3,000 bonus points on your third dine — for a total of 6,000 bonus points.
Related: Earn up to 9,000 bonus points with hotel dining program new member bonuses
Eat Around Town Terms and Conditions
- Limit one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day.
- All checks must be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with the Eat Around Town program at the time of the visit.
- Not valid on orders placed through third-party online ordering or delivery sites.
- Takeout and/or delivery may not be available at all restaurants.
- Please note that some restaurants only offer rewards on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month.
- Marriott Bonvoy points earned through Eat Around Town do not count towards elite tier qualification in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from the completion of your Eat Around Town transaction for your points to appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account.
- The offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups, and cannot be combined with other select offers.
- Other limitations may apply. Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
What is a Dining Program?
Many top airline and hotel programs offer additional points when you dine at an eligible restaurant and pay with a credit card you link to the dining program. This strategy is often called “double-dipping” because you get extra points from the dining program on top of the points you already earn (from the bank when using your credit card).
This gets even better when you pay with a card that earns more than one point per dollar at restaurants. You can learn more about which card to use for dining in our dedicated post of the best rewards cards for dining & restaurants.
Unfortunately, you can't triple-dip by adding your credit card to multiple dining rewards programs. Most airline and hotel dining rewards programs use the same back-end system. So, your card will be automatically unenrolled from one program if that card is added to another dining rewards program.
Cards Offering Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status
It pays to be a Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cardholder. Just by having one of the Marriott credit cards, you'll get (at least) Marriott Silver Elite status. That qualifies you for a 6X earning rate on Eat Around Town purchases instead of just 4X points.
- Earn 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy® points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
- Earn 4X points at restaurants worldwide and U.S. supermarkets (on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets per calendar year, then 2X points).
- Earn 2X points on all other eligible purchases.
- 1K Bonus Points Per Stay: Earn 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy® bonus points per paid eligible stay booked directly with Marriott for properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
- With complimentary Gold Elites status, earn up to 2.5X points from Marriott Bonvoy® on eligible hotel purchases with the 25% Bonus Points on stays benefit.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Free Night Award: Earn 1 Free Night Award after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases on your Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ Card in a calendar year. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at a hotel participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- 15 Elite Night Credits: Each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express Card® you can receive 15 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy® Elite status. Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy member account. Benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. Terms apply.
- Plan It® is a payment option that lets you split up purchases of $100 or more into equal monthly installments with a fixed fee. Plus, you'll still earn rewards the way you usually do.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6X points on purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- 4X points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases per year at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Bonvoy credit cards from Chase and American Express aren't the only way to earn Marriott elite status. Premium cards such as the The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express grant cardmembers Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
With only 16,000+ restaurants participating nationwide, your favorite diner might not be on the list. But the number is increasing rapidly — up nearly 50% just in the past few months. However, these are still some great ways to earn some more Marriott Bonvoy points in 2023. If you're signing up for the Eat Around Town new members bonus, I'd recommend checking out the map for where you live to see if any of the restaurants you like or have always wanted to go to are participating.
Don't forget to check out our guide on the Marriott Bonvoy Program to know which cards to use, how to maximize your points, and what other rewards are available.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.