AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Dining rewards programs are a great way of double-dipping when you dine out. And Marriott's Eat Around Town program is making dining out especially rewarding for another few months, thanks to a promotion for both new and existing members.
Existing members can score up to 1,200 bonus points on three dines before June 30, 2022, plus an additional 1,000 bonus points after every 10 dines until the end of the year. New members can also earn up to 6,000 bonus points when starting a new Eat Around Town account. That's in addition to the points and miles you'll earn from your credit card.
This is a great way to earn points while getting out of the house…or ordering in if you prefer.
Existing Eat Around Town Member Promotions
There are currently two promotions running for existing members. For these promotions, qualifying dines require that you spend $30 or more (including tax and tip) each time. Valid for U.S. members only.
Earn up to 1,200 Bonus Points Promotion
Existing Eat Around Town members can earn up to 1,200 bonus points when completing 3 dines in June 2022. Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
- 200 bonus points after your first dine.
- 400 bonus points after your second dine (for a total of 600 bonus points).
- 600 bonus points after your third dine (for a total of 1,200 bonus points).
Earn 1,000 Bonus Points Promotion After 10 Dines
If you're already an Eat Around Town member, you'll receive 1,000 bonus points every 10 times you dine now through December 31, 2022.
Originally, the promotion ran until June 30, 2022, and there was a cap of 10 bonuses — meaning you could earn up to 10,000 bonus points through this promotion by completing a whopping 100 dines. Now, there's no limit to how many times you can claim your 1,000 bonus points, and the promotion has been extended to the end of 2022.
Marriott Eat Around Town Promotion for New Members
New members who join Marriott's Eat Around Town program before December 31, 2022, and receive the following bonuses each time you spend $30 or more (including tax and tip) on a dining experience within 60 days of joining:
- Receive 1,000 bonus points on your first dining experience.
- Receive 2,000 bonus points on your second experience.
- Receive 3,000 bonus points on your third experience, for a total of 6,000 bonus points.
Eat Around Town Terms and Conditions
- Limit one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day.
- All checks must be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with the Eat Around Town program at the time of the visit.
- Not valid on orders placed through third-party online ordering or delivery sites.
- Takeout and/or delivery may not be available at all restaurants.
- Please note that some restaurants only offer rewards on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month.
- Marriott Bonvoy points earned through Eat Around Town do not count towards elite tier qualification in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from the completion of your Eat Around Town transaction for your points to appear in your Marriott Bonvoy account.
- The offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups, and cannot be combined with other select offers.
- Other limitations may apply. Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
What is a Dining Program?
Many of the top airline and hotel programs offer additional points when you dine at an eligible restaurant and pay with a credit card you link to the dining program. This strategy is often called “double-dipping” because you get extra points from the dining program on top of the points you already earn (from the bank when using your credit card). This gets even better when you pay with a card that earns more than one point per dollar at restaurants. You can learn more about which card to use for dining in our dedicated post of the best rewards cards for dining & restaurants.
Unfortunately, you can't triple-dip by adding your credit card to multiple dining rewards programs. Most of the airline and hotel dining rewards programs use the same back-end system. So, your card will be automatically unenrolled from one program if that card is added to another dining rewards program.
Cards Offering Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status
It pays to be a Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cardholder. Just by having one of the Marriott credit cards, you'll get (at least) Marriott Silver Elite status. That qualifies you for a 6X earning rate on Eat Around Town purchases.
- For a Limited Time Only! Earn 5 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases.
- Our Best Free Night Offer!
- New Benefit! Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining.
- New Benefit! Earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Marriott Bonvoy credit cards from Chase and American Express aren't the only way to earn Marriott elite status. Premium cards such as the The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express grant cardmembers Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
With only 11,000 restaurants participating nationwide, your favorite diner might not be on the list. However, these are still some great ways to earn some more Marriott Bonvoy points in 2022. If you're signing up for the Eat Around Town new members bonus, I'd recommend checking out the map for where you live to see if any of the restaurants you like or have always wanted to go to are participating.
Don't forget to check out our guide on the Marriott Bonvoy Program to know which cards to use, how to maximize your points, and what other rewards are available.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.