AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
As an added incentive to use your Southwest credit cards, Southwest is offering targeted Rapid Rewards cardholders a 30% bonus on points earned between August 1 and October 31, 2020.
You'll need to log into your Southwest account to see if you qualify. If you do, register for the promotion to start earning 30% bonus points on all credit card spending.
- To see if you're targeted, log into your Southwest account and check your Rapid Rewards promotions
- Targeted members need to register between July 1 and October 31, 2020
- The 30% bonus applies to points that post to your Rapid Rewards account between August 1 and October 31, 2020
- You must earn a minimum of 6,000 points across all three months
- You can earn a maximum of 25,000 bonus points through this promotion
The Fine Print
- The promotion bonus will count toward earning your Southwest Companion Pass
- Credit card signup bonus points and points transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards are not eligible for bonus points
- Points will post to your Southwest account within 8 weeks after the promotion ends
Stacking With Other Offers
Southwest has already given all Rapid Rewards members a boost toward A-List elite status and the Companion Pass:
After this boost, travelers need 100,000 Companion Pass-eligible points to earn the Companion Pass in 2020. Both credit card spending and this 30% bonus are Companion Pass-eligible points. So, this promotion can certainly help you spend toward the Companion Pass. If you had a high enough credit limit and spending power, you could spend $77,000 on a Southwest credit card between August 1 and October 31 to earn 100,100 Companion Pass eligible points: 77,000 from spending and 23,100 from the 30% bonus.
Also, remember that Chase is offering cardholders 1,500 additional Tier Qualifying Points (TQP) for each $10,000 in purchases made between May and December 2020. This is in addition to the 1,500 TQP for each $10,000 in purchases that Southwest cards already earn. That means you'll earn a total of 3,000 TQP for each $10,000 in purchases—up 30,000 TQP for $100,000 in purchases.
This targeted promotion can effectively increase the earnings on Southwest credit cards by 30%. That means you'll effectively earn 1.3X Southwest points on everyday purchases, and even more in Southwest credit card bonus categories.
If you do qualify, you'll need to make sure you earn at least 6,000 points and those points post between August 1 and October 31, 2020. To make sure the points post during the promotional period, you'll want to check your credit card closing date. That could be as straightforward as spending $2,000 per month on everyday purchases. Once you do, you'll earn your 30% bonus on your points, and these points will count toward earning a Southwest Companion Pass.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.