AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the JetBlue Plus Mastercard® and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Express Membership Rewards has announced two promotions offering a bonus on points transfers to JetBlue and Qantas. Through December 21, 2019, you receive a 25% bonus when making transfers to JetBlue. While transfers to Qantas attract a 20% bonus through November 30, 2019.
Qantas Key Terms
- The promotion is valid on transfers through November 30, 2019.
- Receive a 20% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards to Qantas.
- Points transfer at a ratio of 1:1 with a minimum transfer of 500 points
- The bonus increases the ratio to 500:600 points
- Transfers to Qantas typically post instantly
While 20% is not the biggest bonus we have ever seen, it's a solid boost if you are looking to transfer points to book an award with Qantas.
JetBlue Key Terms
- The promotion is valid on transfers through December 21, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Receive a 25% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards to JetBlue.
- Points typically transfer at a ratio of 250:200 with a minimum transfer of 250 points.
- The bonus increases the ratio to 250:250 points.
- Transfers to JetBlue typically post instantly.
Typically, you can expect between 1.4 and 1.6 cents per point on Jetblue awards—which is probably around the minimum value you'd want to accept for Membership Rewards. This promotion is much more interesting when combined with the 10% rebate on award redemptions offered by the JetBlue Plus Mastercard®. On the other hand, those with the The Business Platinum Card® from American Express will likely do better booking through Amex Travel with a 35% point rebate on Mint (business-class) tickets. If Jetblue is your selected airline, economy flights may also be a better deal when booked through the Amex portal.
If you are looking to travel on a route served by a partner of one of these two programs, it's absolutely worth checking the prices with the current bonus. That said, there are many excellent Amex transfer partners, and generally, Qantas and Jetblue rank towards the bottom in terms of value per point.
One thing to remember with Qantas is that the program saw some changes come into effect in September 2019, so it is worth checking them out before committing to any point transfers.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.