AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Malaysia Airlines has announced a triple miles promotion. With this promotion, you not only earn triple segments, but also triple elite miles, and triple Enrich miles. If you want to take advantage of the promotion you will have to hurry, since bookings must be made by October 15, 2018.
- Bookings must be made by October 15, 2018
- Promotion is valid for travel through March 31, 2019
- Earn triple Enrich miles, triple Elite miles, and triple sectors
- Triple miles can be earned on the following fare classes: First Class F, A Business Class J, C, D, Z Economy Class Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S, N, O, Q, G
- Promotion is only valid on Malaysia operated and ticketed flights (MH232 document)
- Promotion is not valid on Malaysia MH9000 series, Oneworld and partner airlines, Firefly, MASwings (MH3000), codesharing flights (MH4000, MH5000), charter flights (MH 8000).
Is It Worth It?
This promotion can be very lucrative if you are looking for Elite status with Oneworld. According to the chart provided by Malaysia Airlines, a flight in the cheapest Business class fares (Z) between London LHR and Kula Lumpur KUL, would yield 63,236 Elite miles.
That is enough to hit Enrich Gold status with Malaysia Airlines (Oneworld Sapphire) which requires 50,000 Enrich points. Whichever way you look at this, hitting the penultimate tier of an airline program for one discounted Business class round-trip ticket is awesome.
This is one of those too good to be true promotions, while promotions earning triple award miles are a relatively regular occurrence, earning triple Elite miles is a rarity. The one major issue with the promotion is that in recent years Malaysia Airlines has all but abandoned long-haul operation. The airline serves no destinations in the US, while in Europe it only operates flights to London Heathrow, and it serves some routes to Australia.
With so many limits on the available routes, taking full advantage of the promotion may be difficult, although if you have a trip planned from Europe to Australia, and can engineer a London to Sydney flight you would be on to a winner.
Source: One Mile at a Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.