AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
This week, United is offering a 5% or 10% bonus when adding funds to your United TravelBank account. This offer is good when funding up to $1,000. However, you have to make the transaction by December 9, and the bonus funds will expire in 120 days.
10% Bonus When Funding Your United TravelBank Promotion
- Get a 5% bonus when funding $50 ($2.50 bonus) or $100 ($5 bonus)
- Get a 10% bonus when funding $250 ($25 bonus), $500 ($50 bonus), $750 ($75 bonus), or $1,000 ($100 bonus)
- Must fund your account by December 9
- The bonus value expires 120 days from the bonus deposit date
Since the bonus value expires so soon, you should be pretty sure that you'll book a United flight in the next 4 months to take advantage of this offer. The original fund amount lasts for five years in your TravelBank.
Using Credit Card Airline Fee Credits
There are reports that using an Amex card to load United TravelBank credit has been triggering the Airline Fee Credit. So, if you have an American Express card with an unused Airline Fee Credit and you've chosen United as your selected airline, you can try to finish off your Airline Fee Credit by taking advantage of this promotion. Just note that this can change at any time.
Airline Fee Credits are as follows:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express — $200 Annual Airline Credit
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express — $200 Annual Airline Credit
- American Express® Gold Card — $100 Annual Airline Credit (Note: this credit is being removed as a benefit in 2022)
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card — $250 Annual Airline Credit
In addition, one of the benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is an annual $300 travel credit. Funding you United TravelBank with this card should also trigger the travel credit.
If you have a United flight planned in the next four months, this is a tempting deal to take advantage of. Otherwise, you could probably skip this deal — unless you have another reason (like using Amex Airline Fee Credits) to fund your TravelBank anyway.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.