AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
World of Hyatt has seen major changes recently with an overhaul as of March 1, 2017, followed by its first promotion last week. Apparently, World of Hyatt is now aiming to compete with the likes of SPG and Marriott and is introducing its first experiential award redemptions.
AFAR Experiences Tokyo & World of Hyatt
The first World of Hyatt experience is offered through AFAR experiences Tokyo. The experiences feature discussing art with museum curators, learning from local art aficionados, as well as fine dining with some of the finest and most innovative chefs in Tokyo. While the exact details of the experiences have yet to be confirmed, the site announced that these should be released soon. The key terms of the offer are as follows:
- The experience date is from November 10-13, 2017
- There are 75 spots available
In terms of payment, there are three packages you can choose from; two point redemptions and one is a cash-only package:
- 200,000 points will give you four nights at the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, in a single occupancy standard room. You will also have access to one of the experiences.
- 300,000 points will give you the same four nights as above, in addition to access to two of the experiences.
- $3,900 will give you access to all the experiences, but exclude accommodation, transportation, and airfare. There will be a discounted rate available at the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills.
This could be a great opportunity to sample some of the delights of Tokyo and discover some great cultural or dining experiences. In terms of value, you are best of using points for the booking, since the advance purchase rate for a standard room at the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills will set you back $2,750.
If you are short on points, remember that World of Hyatt is a transfer partner for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, as well as the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, at a ratio of 1:1. With limited spots available, if you are thinking of taking advantage of this offer it is worth signing up for the redemption sooner rather than later since they will likely go quickly.
Source: The Points Guy
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.