AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Aeroplan is offering a sweetener for cardholders of the Chase-issued Aeroplan® Credit Card. Cardholders will receive a 10% bonus when they transfer at least 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Aeroplan points through December 31, 2023. Yes, that long!
Even better, now is a great time to get the Aeroplan Card. In addition to earning up to 100,000 bonus points after meeting spending requirements, new cardholders get Aeroplan 25K elite status through the end of the next calendar year. That's through December 31, 2024, for cardholders who sign up in 2023.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus points
- Earn 75,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- Plus, 25,000 points after you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months.
- $95 Annual Fee
- Redeem points for both international and domestic flights with the Aeroplan® Credit Card.
- Fly to another continent and travel the world with the Aeroplan® Credit Card.
- Earn 3X points for each dollar spent at grocery stores, on dining at restaurants, and Air Canada directly. Earn 1X point for each dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 500 bonus points for every $2,000 you spend in a calendar month - up to 1,500 points per month.
- Member FDIC
- 3x points on dining, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3x points at grocery stores
- 3x points directly with Air Canada
- 1x point on all other purchases
Aeroplan Card Transfer Bonus Key Terms
There are a few key restrictions and limitations to keep in mind. Not all Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers to Aeroplan will earn the 10% transfer bonus. Key terms include:
- The promotion is valid for Ultimate Rewards transfers through December 31, 2023.
- Cardholders receive a 10% bonus when transferring a minimum of 50,000 points in one transaction (not cumulatively).
- The maximum bonus points you can receive through this promotion is 25,000 Aeroplan points. That would require transferring 250,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
- Allow up to 72 hours for the 10% bonus to post to your Aeroplan account.
Utilizing This Aeroplan Card Transfer Bonus Promotion
The Aeroplan program offers excellent sweet spots for redemptions, including open-jaw awards and stopovers. This 10% bonus improves these deals and makes some other options in the Aeroplan award chart more attractive.
Awards between North America and the Pacific that are under 5,000 miles distance are priced at 55,000 Aeroplan points in business class. In addition, they are priced at 90,000 points in first class with partner airlines. This is an excellent deal for the ANA route from Tokyo to Seattle, which comes in under the 5,000 miles mark.
Unfortunately, Seattle to Tokyo is the only route that prices at this rate. San Francisco and Los Angeles to Tokyo are over 5,000 miles.
To take advantage of this promotion, you'd need to transfer the following amounts of Ultimate Rewards points from Chase to book this award:
- Business class one-way awards will set you back 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points (plus taxes and fees) = 55,000 Aeroplan points after the 10% bonus
- First-class one-way awards will set you back 82,000 Ultimate Rewards points (plus taxes and fees) = 90,200 Aeroplan points after the 10% bonus.
There is also a great deal to be had overseas, such as on flights from Tokyo to Sydney. This route is considered within the Pacific and barely fits within the 2,000- and 5,000-mile distance band. A first-class award will set you back 60,000 Aeroplan points (plus taxes and fees) — requiring a transfer of just 55,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points. This is incredible value for a flight that is around 10 hours!
This transfer bonus is a great little perk for the Aeroplan Card holders who also earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points. The fact that the promotion runs for so long (and may be extended) is an excellent option when planning your long-term travel goals and objectives.
This transfer bonus is a wise move by Aeroplan. It's an easy way for the airline to add value to the Aeroplan Card without giving too much away.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.