AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This step-by-step tutorial explains how to transfer Chase points to any of their thirteen partner loyalty programs. If you’re curious to learn more about the Chase airline and hotel partners or strategies for booking, check out our comprehensive guide to the Chase transfer partners. If you're looking for help with how to transfer Ultimate Rewards to a spouse or another person in your household, we cover that in our tutorial on how to combine Ultimate Rewards earned with multiple credit cards.
Fortunately, it's simple to transfer your Ultimate Rewards using the Chase website, and most transfers will post instantly to your frequent flyer or hotel loyalty account. Read on for a complete walkthrough of each step.
How to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards
First, you need to navigate directly to Chase Ultimate Rewards and log in with your Chase credentials.
Pick a Chase Ultimate Rewards Card
If you have more than one Chase credit card, choose the card from which you would like to transfer points. In general, it doesn't matter which card you transfer from. But, if you don't have enough points on one card, you may need to combine your Ultimate Rewards points onto one card and then complete your transfer.
Select “Transfer to Travel Partners”
In the Earn/Use drop-down menu, you need to choose how you would like to use your points. In this case, you'll want to select “Transfer to Travel Partners”. If you have selected a card that is not eligible to transfer points to partners, like the Chase Freedom®, you will not see this option. Simply go back and choose a card that does offer point transfers.
Choose a Transfer Partner
Choose which airline or hotel program you would like to transfer your points to.
Provide Your Account Information
From the drop-down menu, choose the owner of the frequent flyer account and enter the frequent flyer or hotel loyalty number. If you've previously transferred Ultimate Rewards to the same program, you shouldn't need to fill in the loyalty number again.
Choose the Number of Points to Transfer
Enter in the number of miles you would like to transfer and make sure that the “Transfer to” information is correct before you press continue. If you're transferring to a program for the first time, we recommend doing a test transfer of 1,000 points (the minimum allowed) before you transfer the total amount you need for your award. Most Chase transfers are instant.
Verify the Details and Confirm
Review and confirm the transfer. Make sure to double and triple check all of the details, because once you have initiated a transfer, you cannot reverse it! That's not the type of lesson you want to learn the hard way.
Once you've sent your test transfer, log into the loyalty program account to verify that the points have posted.
Note: If you are already logged into your frequent flyer or hotel account at the time you press the “confirm & submit” button on the Chase website, you'll need to log out and log back in to the account where you are expecting the points to post. Refreshing the screen won't update your points balance on most loyalty program websites.
If your points posted as expected, you can transfer the full number of points you need for your award.
Which Cards Can Transfer Ultimate Rewards?
To take advantage of the Chase Transfer Partners, you'll need to have at least one of the following cards:
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit
- 3X points on dining at restaurants
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
- 3X points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
Chase Ultimate Rewards points are extremely valuable, and one of the best ways to use your points is by transferring them to partners. Luckily, Chase makes the transfer process pretty straightforward, but if you ever get stuck you can always refer back to this article!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.