AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
This isn't the first time this year we've seen a 50% transfer bonus from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Marriott Bonvoy. This promotion started in August, and it's ending soon: September 30, 2023. Marriott Bonvoy is one of the less valuable Chase transfer partners, so this isn't a great deal in comparison to other uses of your Chase points. However, you might want to take advantage of it for the right situation. Here's when it could make sense.
Chase Transfer Bonus to Marriott Bonvoy
Usually, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Marriott Bonvoy at a 1:1 ratio. With this promotion, you get a 50% bonus. 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to 1,500 Marriott Bonvoy points until September 30, 2023.
Unfortunately, even with a 50% bonus, this isn't a great deal. Based on recent redemptions by AwardWallet users, Marriott Bonvoy points are worth around 0.95¢ each. The 50% bonus means you'll get $15 in value for every 1,000 worth of Chase Ultimate Rewards points you transfer — or 1.5 cents per point. That's not a terrible redemption rate, but some of Chase's other transfer partners provide a much higher value.
Note that the 50% bonus points will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy account after the transfer is complete.
Chase to Marriott Bonvoy Transfer Bonus History
Chase has offered a Marriott Bonvoy transfer bonus at least five times before, including:
- 50% transfer bonus through August 31, 2021
- 50% transfer bonus through December 24, 2021
- 50% transfer bonus through August 19, 2022
- 40% transfer bonus through December 20, 2022
- 50% transfer bonus through May 15, 2023
As you can see, the current 50% transfer bonus from Chase to Marriott Bonvoy is the “typical” bonus — with only a slightly worse 40% transfer bonus in December 2022.
Credit Card Offers for More Marriott Bonvoy Points
If you're looking for more Marriott Bonvoy points, you can always earn a good chunk of Marriott Bonvoy points with credit card welcome offers. Here are some examples of bonus points you can earn when applying for co-branded cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card ($650 annual fee Rates & Fees): Earn 95,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $6,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card ($250 annual fee Rates & Fees): Earn 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card ($125 annual fee Rates & Fees): Earn three Free Night Awards after you use your new Card to make $6,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Redemption level up to 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points for each bonus Free Night Award, at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
Is It Worth Transferring Ultimate Rewards Points to Marriott?
Marriott is one of the largest hotel chains in the world. But even with that many properties, it doesn't make sense to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points unless you need to top off your Marriott Bonvoy account for a high-value stay.
Marriott uses dynamic award pricing. That makes award pricing a lot less predictable; you won't know exactly how many points you need for a hotel until you start searching, and pricing can vary greatly from one week to the next. However, there are still deals to be found. It might be worth transferring 4,000 Chase points to book a 6,000-point Marriott stay.
But, you can probably find better uses for 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points than transferring them to Marriott to book just one night at a top-tier property like the Al Maha.
If you're going to transfer your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to any hotel program, I'd suggest World of Hyatt. Based on recent AwardWallet user redemptions, World of Hyatt points are worth around 2.19¢ per point. That's a better value even without a transfer bonus. And you can transfer Chase points to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio as well.
However, if you find a good deal or need a few more points for an upcoming redemption, topping off your Marriott account with Chase points can make sense to take advantage of the Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer bonus by September 30, 2023.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.